by Leeniccolls1976
Explorer

I want to keep my old number but the account was in ex womans name for5 years

I want my old number. It was in ex girls name for 4-5 years but i paid bills etc. The account has been closed by her so i have lost my number now and the phone i've paid a rediculas amount of money for is blocked.

EE could very very easily deal with this for me, question is, will they ???

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I want to keep my old number but the account was in ex womans name for5 year

Hi, 

Unless she as the account owner transfers the account to you then no EE won't deal with you direct. 

Plus if the account is closed then the number is gone. If your phone is also blocked then she may have reported it lost/stolen,  so then if she has insurance will claim the replacement and the number on a new sim. I would recommend you cancel the direct debit you pay. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I want to keep my old number but the account was in ex womans name for5 year

Hello there @Leeniccolls1976

I am very sorry if the account has been closed and the account is not in your name this would not be possible as @Northerner has advised.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Leeniccolls1976
Explorer

As i said, this wouldn't be a problem for EE to fix for me being as i've paid thousands of pounds over the years for it, in her name or not, my name was named on the account for full access, it was literally her name on the contract. The number is not in use and hasn't gone anywhere. There's absolutely no logical sane reason why i couldn't have a number i've had for so long unless of coarse EE just want to be blatantly unhelpful.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Leeniccolls1976

If you have access to the account have you given us a call to see what happened to the number?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.