by Zimbman
Explorer

I want to change my Orange Account to EE online. Don't want to change my plan

I have had an Orange Account for many years but now I am told my Orange Account is to be 'closed' at the end of December so I won't be able to access it online?  It seems very stupid if now they are going to go to the expense of sending 'paper' bills and correspondence.  However that is not my problem but I prefer to do my dealings online so how can I convert my Pay Monthly Plan from Orange to EE.  I don't want to change my Plan or phone at this ten seconds and I most certainly do not want a new account!!!

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I want to change my Orange Account to EE online. Don't want to change my pl

Hello @Zimbman EE is a separate network (T-Mobile) and runs on a different system so if you moved to EE your old Orange account would be canceled and you would be given a new EE account and plan.

The only way you can keep your Orange plan is by remaining on Orange. I understand your point about the online account - if you have logged in within the past 6months you will automatically receive free itemised paper billing after the closure. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @Zimbman and welcome to the community.

I understand your frustration, as @Profile closed has mentioned itemisation will be being sent free of charge.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Zimbman
Explorer

Sadly this is a reply and an explanation but ity doe not solve my problem.  I really do not want a paper invoice.  Not only is it a climate change issue and wasteful of resources, but it must also cost the company money i.e. manual intervention,paper, printing, postage and at the end of the day I am saddled with a piece of paper I really do not want to have to .deal with and store....  I am assuming that EE has bought out Orange so what is the difficulty to simply switch my account from Orange to EE???

Basically I smell a racket somewhere along the line"!  Simply put EE won't support long term account holders who have a decent non rip-off deal so they can make ever more money advertising expensive upgrade deals by trying to goad customers into thinking that the amazing data use deal or the number of 'free talk minutes' is beneficial for the customer.  Absolute rubbish.  Storage costs have plumeted as have call costs.  The so called fantastic deals on offer to give the customer a brand new, whiz bang state of the art instrument is simply a scam.  If anyone took the tme out to work out the basic price they end up paying for their phone pretty soon EE. Talk Talk and all the rest of your companies would be out of business.  An even bigger rip off is in the bundles of data and so called free minutes being sold in conjunction with these instrumants.  The fact that at the end of any monthly, daily or whatever period is offered that everything reverts to zero no matter what the balance remaining on that person's account is a scam of the highest order.  The ridiculous charges to 'unlock' a phone after a certain period is a similar scam, but hey you are not in the business to sell something, you are there to of being vultures to take money off of gullible, ignorant people, especially the very young which I believe is immoral and unethical, and even more so lax security following the hacking of accounts (Talk Talk?) and the selling of customers data and personal details to advertisers - many unethical and scammers to pursue their own nefarious agendas.... 

So be it if people wish to be stupid that is their problem and good luck to you... Personally have no wish to have an all singing, all dancing piece of kit or oceans of data access.  I just want a phone that works to have on hand and use occasionally when I need it!  My current contract and phone adequately performs both these functions.  At the time I took out the contract many years ago it was the cheapest and most suitable available that generally met my requirements.  It is still too expensive, especially as I have more than likely paid more than ten or twenty times the value of the phone over the past ten years or so - Yes! I know I qualify for an upgrade and all of the other malarkey but I do not need (or want) that.  I simply want a deal whereby I have internet access to my account and sufficient time to make the few calls I d make.  It is a shame that EE have a problem with doing such a simple thing...

So bottom line is you answered the question but it is not a solution for me, quite the contrary!!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Obviously someone high up is having a tantrum over the fact Orange is still here.

EE act like a jealous 5 year old child when it comes to Orange customers.

Either move to EE or get gone and we will treat you like sh*t until you decide that is their attitude.

Show me proof their attitude is anything else. (Y)

The mile long list of issues and complaints noted against my account certainly support my view. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.