by baz2126 Investigator
Investigator

I used to be an Orange customer, but it is apparently EE now and does not recogn

I used to be an Orange customer, but it is apparently EE now and does not recognise the number that I have had for about 15 years! Is there any way out?

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I used to be an Orange customer, but it is apparently EE now and does not re

What doesn't recognise your Orange no? There is no reason not to continue using it but thete is no longer any online a/c access to it. You are still paying for it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by baz2126 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I used to be an Orange customer, but it is apparently EE now and does not re

EE does not recognise the number of the phone. This is odd because it is
still in use so somebody must have it ~ but for how long?
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @baz2126,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Is it just My EE that doesn't recognise your number?

As @XRaySpeX said, although you can no longer manage your Orange account online, you can still continue to use your Orange mobile.

Thanks

James

by baz2126 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Part of the registration process is a requirement to 'Add a device'. This is done by inserting the telephone number of the device into an input box. When I try to do this the input returns a message stating that EE does not recognise the number. Without 'adding a device' the process will not move on and the 'My EE' resource is not activated. I cannot manage the phone online, cannot add any time and cannot even get a PAC code. The phone is still in use, we tried it yesterday just to prove it, but only until the money runs out (which is probably what EE want, then they'll try and sell me a new phone ~ no chance!) I've allready sent for a Giff Gaff sim card, it should arrive today. The only problem remaining is how to get a PAC code and take the number with me.

by

Hi @baz2126,

It's no longer possible to manage Orange accounts online.

To top up or request your PAC, please dial 450 from your Orange phone.

Thanks

James

by baz2126 Investigator
Investigator

PS:  The message received from the input box is "We don't recognise this number, please try again. If you're having trouble, call 150 from your EE phone."  All attempts to use the so-called 'chat line' result in the message that their chat line agents are not trained to deal with that type of enquiry. We don't get a signal at home so unless I go and park on a hilltop somewhere to try and get a signal we can't use the '150' service (misdenomer!) and in any event we would almost certainly just go round the same silly route and get nowhere. It's easer to just get a Giff Gaff sim.... 

by

Hi @baz2126,

You can also reach Orange customer services on 07973 100 450 from a landline.

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You will get that msg from MyEE with an Orange no. There is no point in continuing to try it. Unfortunately now there is no online access nor Live Chat available to Orange users.

Orange online access was removed on 29th Dec. The only way to manage your Orange a/c now is by text or phone. Have a read of Orange Your Account closure - explained .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by baz2126 Investigator
Investigator

I have finally got through to a humanoid at EE and arranged to swop my Orange sim for an EE one while keeping my original number. If all goes well the new sim should be here early next week and problem solved. But WHY, oh WHY, does it take so long, and much counter banging, to get through to a COMMUNICATION COMPANY!!!! Man Frustrated

by
EE Employee

Hi @bazz2126

I'm glad you are now sorted please do keep us updated on how it's going on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by rich01625
Explorer

Blimey, thanks for all that.

ee made such a big fuss when they took over orange !

I'm sure I had texts saying "you're now an ee customer blah blah".

But no, my PAYG is still classed as orange, it's just that they won't support it with any information on a web page.

I wonder why, when you put your orange number in, it couldn't come up with a less stressful message "Sorry, this phone number is actually still on the orange network. Go to www ... for information about what you can and can't do, and the advantages of transferring it to EE".

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions