by Buster2
Explorer

I stopped my direct debit as it is too difficult to cancel contact whilst abroad

I find it very difficult to cancel my contract whilst I'm in Algeria working. I'm not going to call from Algeria unless EE want to pay for my call. Additionally I can't trust that EE would receive my post from here. I find it confusing that there is no way to cancel online. I have been happy with EE in every sense whilst a customer. It's strange that you can set up an account in a matter of minutes, but to leave it is made as difficult as possible and there is a period of 30 days notice. Consequently today using my online banking app I have stopped my direct debit with EE and await them to contact me by email to recover this month's bill. I find it amazing that there is NO email contact with EE only expensive phone contact. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I stopped my direct debit as it is too difficult to cancel contact whilst ab

Not at all wise :(. You risk besmirching your credit score & being hounded by debt collectors.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I stopped my direct debit as it is too difficult to cancel contact whilst ab

Hi, 

@Buster2

Call on this free number 0800 956 6000 using Skype. 

You can also find free number @XRaySpeX

Signatures. 

When you cancel your direct debit its not mean that you cancel your contract. 

You need to phone EE to give 30 days notice to cancel your contract. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Buster2,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX and @tahirmian said, it's important to make sure you cancel your contract through the correct channels to avoid damaging your credit rating.

Please get in touch and our cancellations team will be happy to help.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions