by George13
Explorer

I recently wanted to change my price plan only to be told "No, it can't be done,

I recently wanted to change my price plan as I don't use as much as I got. Only to be told "No it can't be done as you signed a contract"

Now I have been sent an email telling me my price plan is going  up , RPI change they say ?

Well sorry EE I am not wearing this, you can do NOTHING for me when I ask but put up my plan when you want ?? 

Please explain this and how you can get away with this outrage?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: I recently wanted to change my price plan only to be told "No, it can't

Afternoon @George13

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Just to add to the info given, you can downgrade your plan but only once in the second half of your contract.

Please see the Changing my EE Price Plan sticky post.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

When you sign a contract you agree to that price point.

You can't lower it at any time. But you can increase if you wish.

Also when you sign said contract you agree to their T&Cs which state that each year it may go up according to the RPI.

This is how they can get away with it. As you agreed to this upon signing an official document.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@George13  It's highly recommend that you read the contract before you sign that contract.  EE have in the contract that the price can change because of the RPI.   

by
EE Employee
Solution

Afternoon @George13

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Just to add to the info given, you can downgrade your plan but only once in the second half of your contract.

Please see the Changing my EE Price Plan sticky post.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@George13   On reading the link youve been given by @Karen_C. the downgrade that you can do in your 2nd half of your contract is only applicable if you have increased your contract at some point and you can only downgrade it to the original price point your started at.  

So in other words you can not go lower than what you agreed to when you first agreed to the contract.    

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's detailed here.

I would assume second half is self-explanatory but again I was only aware you could down grade in the last month. 

• You must move down your data allowance for each price point decrease you make.

Also you can only downgrade to a contract with less data? 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner   

From the link provided by @Karen_C

" we know that some of you do move up Plans in-life e.g. to get increased allowances, so we do have some rules if you want to move back down.

The following options are:

You can only move down Price Plans if you are in the second half of your contract, you can never go lower than your original Price Plan."

So only if you increased your allowance can you lower it on the 2nd half and only to the original price point you started at.     So in other words you can not lower it.   Except in the last month on the minimum term.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.