by TBONE Contributor
Contributor

I have an ee contract with carphone, need to know if I can go with Vodafone

I currently have an ee contract from carphone warehouse which ends on november 29th however im elligible to upgrade 75 days earlier (September). I want to know if it was possible to stay with carphone but switch network to vodafone as they offer a  superb deal on the iphone 7 plus. Also i wanted to know if i wanted to upgrade earlier from now do i pay for the 5 months left till november or the 3 months till september. Thank you in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Want to change network while having an ee contract

@TBONE   If you want to pay off your contract just called customer services and tell them you wish to pay it off you can then once it's paid off you move to Vodafone.  

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I have an ee contract with carphone, need to know if I can go with Vodafone

Hello @TBONE the early upgrade (75days) is for remaining on the EE network only. You would still need to pay until the end of the contract to transfer to Vodafone. CPW is just a third party middle man and it does not matter whether you transfer through them or Vodafone direct the process is the same; you need to give Vodafone your PAC from EE:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/my-ee-account-h...

You can pay off the remaining months of your contract and transfer early yes. Customer service or Live Chat if it is an EE personal pay monthly account can help further with both of these options:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TBONE  Your contract is with EE you got this via the CPW and the CPW have nothing to do with your contract with EE. 

You can only upgrade before the standard upgrade date which is 45 days before your minimum term with EE.  Any upgrade has to be with EE and if you want to switch to Voda you have to see out your EE contract or pay it off.  You can not upgrade to a different network. 

by
EE Employee

Hello @TBONE

Great info from both @Profile closed and @Chris_B

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by TBONE Contributor
Contributor

Want to change network while having an ee contract

I have an ee contract with carphone warehouse which ends in november, i would like to cancel the contract by paying off the remainder of the months. After i would like to go to vodafone to buy my next phone, is this allowed. Also when do i request cancellation to ee if so?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Want to change network while having an ee contract

@TBONE   If you want to pay off your contract just called customer services and tell them you wish to pay it off you can then once it's paid off you move to Vodafone.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.