by eeley
Explorer

How do upgrades work?

I'm due for an upgrade within the next month when my 24 month contract comes to an end but can't find any useful information on the site as to what will happen.

Do I choose a new phone and continue paying the same as I have been but presumably for a further fixed period?

Do I choose a new phone and have to pay more than I am currently?

Is there a restriction on what phones you can select from?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do upgrades work?

@eeley As long as you in the last 45 days of your current contract you can upgrade to any device and any contract price point.    

by eeley
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm still not clear.

If I want to upgrade to the Pixel do I continue paying my current monthly amount or do I pay whatever is available on the website (the same as any other customer)

I'm trying to figure out if when you say 'upgrade' you actually mean 'you are free to  start a new contract'

Thanks

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@eeley you are free to start a new contract Any phone Any bundle of data mins and text Any price you choose. Just like starting over when you first got your contract. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eeley  Providing you’re in your upgrade period it will not cost you anything to pay off your existing contract you can take out a contract with any phone and any price.   Your current tariff price will cease as you have to have the price of the new contract.    If you still not sure go to a store and speak with them.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @eeley

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you give us a call our upgrades team will be able to give you all the price plans and phones available.

They can answer any questions you have 🙂

Thanks. Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.