by chloej21
Visitor

How do I upgrade to max pl

Hi,

I have just arrived in Australia and will be here for the rest of 2019.

I can’t use my data for free on my current plan, but after Googling it, I see that you can use data as normal in Australia if you are on a 4GEE Max plan?

Is there a way for me to upgrade my current plan to the Max plan?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I upgrade to max pl

@chloej21  Even with a max plan there is restrictions.  You’ll only get 2 months usage with a max plan as the tariffs are not mean for long stays abroad in fact no tariff is meant for long stays abroad.  Your best option is to get a PAYG sim from there. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @chloej21.

Welcome to the community. 

Wow I must say Australia is definitely on my bucket list, I would love to be able to visit The Great Barrier Reef. 

@Chris_B is correct, however if you still wish for this to be changed I would recommend giving us a call on +44 (0) 7953 966 250.

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could take out the Go Further Roaming Add-on . You will need to have it for 6 months @ £10/ month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX Only down side to that is @chloej21 can only use it for 2 months but will still have to pay the full 6 month cost even if it’s cancelled after the 2 months.  That add on is only good if you come and go out of the UK on a regular basis.  But it’ll be cheaper than changing to a max plan for that can only be used for 2 months.  

Best just to get a PAYG sim from there.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B, Why? There is no 60 day stable link policy outside EU  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions