by mpopeye
Explorer

How do I give 30 days notice from a rain forest?

I will be in Asia when I need to give 30 day notice, and possibly no where near a phone?

I will be back in the uk after and need the service during the last 30 days, so cancelling before I go away is not an option.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: How do I give 30 days notice from a rain forest?

Hi @mpopeye and welcome to the community.

The only thing I could suggest would be to pay an early termination fee and have your number transferred to pay as you go so you can use whilst out in Asia.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you can't phone you may write to EE at:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

Your notice will be taken from receipt of the letter.

If you have Internet there you could try the landline nos. in my sig. over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mpopeye
Explorer

That is not clear, that statement is allowing for a postal delay, not a forward dating of the notice. If I could post the letter I would probably be able to phone.

by mpopeye
Explorer

Mobile broadband contract, and I need the broadband to work on my return. and while in Europe before heading to Asia

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I thought it is clear enough. I agree it is not exactly predictable, but that is EE's T&Cs. Similar would apply in reverse had the notice period been defined as starting from when you dated the letter. EE would not have had the 30 days notice they require by contract, particularly when posted from some far-flung place.

It is your choice, not EE's, to be almost incommunicado at the operative time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.