by NeilMichaelG
Visitor

How do I cancel my old Orange pay monthly account

A couple of years ago, I wanted to cancel my old Orange account/phone number as I did not use it anymore, or switch it to a PAYG sim, just in case I needed to re-activate the number. I thought this had been done, but have subsequently found out that very sadly I have been paying monthly for this redundant number! Can I request the account to be cancelled/closed by email and to what email address?. It comes as a sperate bill to my EE account, and despite trying to link it to my current EE account, it would not accept the account number. I doubt I will get any refund, as I no longer have the details of who I spoke to at the time (and that was at Carphone Warehouse).

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: How do I cancel my old Orange pay monthly account

Hello @NeilMichaelG

Welcome to the community,

I would have thought that you would have seen the payments going out of your account and could have rung EE to discuss this with them. You would have had to have given 30 days notice to change this to a pay as you go.

Unfortunately, I doubt that you will get a refund, as it is up to you to keep an eye on your bank account as to what is going out and you could have sorted this out much sooner.

You will have to ring EE customer service to get this cancelled, but will probably have to give them 30 days notice, nothing can be done through the forums, as there is no account access here.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do I cancel my old Orange pay monthly account

Hello @NeilMichaelG

Welcome to the community.

If you give our customer service team a call on 07973 100 150 we will be able to help you with this.

Thanks. Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions