by EmmaP
Visitor

How do I cancel my mum's contract - she has terminal cancer.

My mother has terminal brain cancer, and is now unable to use her phone ever again.  We need to cancel her EE payments.  She is already out of contract, but we have been told by the person who answered on 150 (Brian - on Wednesday 4th January - he sounded Scottish) that he can not access her account, and therefore can not cancel the account or stop the payments without a password/number which we do not have and my mother will not be able to recall now.  He even said to my father who called him yesterday that if the DD payments were stopped, the debt collectors would become involved.

Please advise how we can get this sorted out urgently.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do I cancel my mum's contract - she has terminal cancer.

Hello @EmmaP

I am very sorry to hear this and deeply apologise this has not been sorted for you, 

I will certainly see what I can do to help you.

You will have a private message from me on here so I can get some details.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I cancel my mum's contract - she has terminal cancer.

My sympathies. 

How utterly insensitive of Brian. He should be sacked immediately. 

Phone up again and insist on being put through to the Complex Team. They handle such sensitive matters. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.