by NorahMbire Investigator
Investigator

How can I cancel my contract online as I am now outside the UK?

I need to cancel my mobile phone (sim only) contract online. I do not have the funds to call from abroad, How can I possibly do it online. I am really deperate to cancel this line as I am no longer using it and I have not been using it for some months now, plz help.

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I cancel my contract online as I am now outside the UK?

@NorahMbire   You need to call EE customer services to cancel the contract if your still in contract and you'll need to pay off any remaining term that is left within the contract.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @NorahMbire

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

The only two methods to cancel a contract with EE which are:

• Verbally by speaking to the retentions department by dialing 150 from your EE phone or by dialing +44 (0) 7953 966250 from any other phone
  • Written by sending EE a letter.

As you are outside of the U.K. and you say you can't contact EE by phone, you would need to send them a letter to the following address:

EE - Customer Services

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

United Kingdom

Please be aware, if you're not eligible to cancel your contract (e.g. you're not within 45 days of the end of your minimum term), we won’t be able to process the cancellation and we’ll send you a text message and a letter giving the date when you do become eligible to cancel.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox  Within 45 days to cancel a contract?  Sorry to say but say but since when.  

You can cancel your contract at any time and pay off any remaining fees to the minimum contract term.

To give notice on the contract it's 30 days if you wish to see out to the end of the contract.

And the only 45 day period I know is the free upgrade period which is 45 days before the minimum term. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Chris_B

The information I provided has been copied and pasted from EE's "Cancelling a contract after 14 days" which is located here.

Under the section named "Write to Us", it clearly states the following:

"if you're not eligible to cancel your contract (ie you're not within 45 days of the end of your minimum term), we won’t be able to process the cancellation and we’ll send you a text message and a letter giving the date when you do become eligible to cancel and asking you to call us then. If you don’t call us, your account will continue to be open"

So by the information provided, it would seem you can request to cancel your contract when you are within the last 45 days of your minimum term by providing 30 days notice.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox   Mmmmm.  So it looks like EE will not allow you to cancel your contract even if you offered to pay off the contract unless you're in your minimum 45 days if your using the post to cancel a contract.    

Isn't that more about giving notice than cancelling a contract because you can cancel a contract at any point where as giving notice obviously has to be done in a set time period.   But EE are using the word cancel and not give notice.   

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B

I think its because of how the cancellation system works because you can request to have your account cancelled at the end of your minimum term by requesting a pre-date cancellation.

• if you only want to pay up to the end of your minimum term, you must make sure you call in at least 30 days in advance to give notice. However, there is a limit to how far into the future we can pre-date cancellations

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox. I thought if you used the post to give notice that the 30 days starts once EE receive the letter.   And the pre date is no more than 5 days before the 30 day give notice date and this is done via calling CS. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Chris_B & @Inyourbox

Just to let you know the 45 days is only for cancellation requests via post, so it can be pre-dated if the account is not out of contract already.

You can't request an early termination via post, as the fee's would need to be verbally agreed.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NorahMbire  If your still in contract and not in the last 45 days of that contract you will need to call customer services to cancel your contract as you need to speak with them about what you'll have to pay to end your contract early. 

Investigator

I want to do it online/email rather than calling them from Zimbabwe. Its cheaper for me. I have no money at the moment.
Thanks,Norah
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NorahMbire  If your not in the last 45 days of that contract you have to call you have no other options.  Sorry. 

Investigator

Why can't I email EE to cancel my contract?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NorahMbire  How long have you got left in your contract.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @NorahMbire.

If you are within the last 45 days of your contract you can write to us as advised in this post.

Please see our cancelling your contract information.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions