by Twiglet
Explorer

How can I add a pay monthly SIM only plan?

I just joined EE broadband because of the offer of a 5GB data boost on pay monthly contracts. So now I’d like to sign up to a pay monthly SIM only contract to take advantage of that offer, but every time I visit the shop while logged in I get this message:

“We’re not able to let you upgrade or add another pay monthly plan to your account right now.

Find a pay as you go plan

Find an accessory

Does anyone know if there’s something I need to do first or wait for before I’m allowed to join?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I add a pay monthly SIM only plan?

You may only get the data boost offered when you take out BB if you already have a monthly mobile contract or take 1 out at the same time. You cannot add it retrospectively to a mobile contract taken out subsequently.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Twiglet

Welcome to the community. 🙂

If you're unable to add the SIM plan online, I recommend having a chat with customer services. They'll do their best to help.

You'd only get the 5GB data boost if you had a pay monthly plan at the time of taking out your broadband though.

Find out more about data boost >

Chris

by Twiglet
Explorer

Thanks, I'll contact customer services directly.

By the way, according to the very page you linked:

If I’m already a broadband customer, can I still get a boost?

Yes, you'll get the boost automatically when you sign up for one of our new broadband or 4GEE Home broadband  packages. Or alternatively, if you weren’t on a monthly phone plan or 12-mont SIM package and upgrade your mobile contract to one of these, we’ll also add data boost onto your account. To discuss your options about joining EE Broadband, just give us a call.

We’re also giving the boost to some of our existing home broadband customers with an eligible mobile account, so keep an eye out for a text from EE.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions