by Carlyxx Contributor
Contributor

Going abroad.

I'm going on holiday in September to Tenerife and was wondering how to get my sim to work abroad. (Calls, texts, roaming, etc...)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Going abroad.

Hello @Carlyxx

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

You will need to text the word roaming to 150 and you'll receive a message informing you if you have roaming enabled on your account or not. You will also be given instructions on how you can activate roaming if it's not enabled on your account.

You will also be able to use your current price plan allowance (if you have more than 15GB data in your price plan, you will only be able to use 15GB data while in the EU) when you travel to Tenerife as the new EU regulations take effect from the 15th June 2017.

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @Carlyxx

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

You will need to text the word roaming to 150 and you'll receive a message informing you if you have roaming enabled on your account or not. You will also be given instructions on how you can activate roaming if it's not enabled on your account.

You will also be able to use your current price plan allowance (if you have more than 15GB data in your price plan, you will only be able to use 15GB data while in the EU) when you travel to Tenerife as the new EU regulations take effect from the 15th June 2017.

by Tomroche65
Explorer

I neglected to set my phone up and am now in Spain. How can I make or recieve calls as my phone is currently not able to.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Tomroche65

Thanks for coming to community all the way from the Mediterranean  🙂

Hope you are enjoying Spain and the weather is beautiful Smiley Happy

For some sun shine reading you may want to have a look at our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post.

If non of the trouble shooting helps get you activated, then you will need to get in touch with customer services either via a landline or alternative mobile number.

Also, here is our pricing information for Spain if you have time to look at it.

Let us all know if you get sorted

Cheers

Richard

:)​​​​​​​

by Bu7ns
Explorer

Hi there, I cannot call from abroad (Spain) and need to contact my credit card company asap. Please can someone assist urgently.  I have tried the options you mention and nothing has worked. I also can't text 'Roaming' to 150, I've tried changing the network and to no avail. Please can someone set me up with a live chat?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bu7ns  Texting Roaming to 150 will not work when abroad and this has to be done when in the UK to enabled roaming on your account.  

@Richard_C. Can you please help with this.   Thanks 

@Bu7ns. Once roaming is enabled it can take up to 24 hours before you get a working signal so if you really need to contact your card provider you'll might need to use a landline. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Bu7ns,

Thanks for coming here.

Are you with us on an EE personal contract?

I will see what we can do to help 🙂

by Tomroche65
Explorer

Hi all, thanks for your responses. I resolved this by phoning the helpline using my wife's phone. Once I'd gone through a bt of security the customer service advisor was able to set me up and I was able to make and take calls etc within 15 minutes.

For the record those responses suggesting I phone 150 were the least helpful. I was abroad with no service(as I stated),, not even 150.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Tomrocher65

Glad you are now sorted.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.