by minniemouse99 Investigator
Investigator

Gameloft billing although never subscribed!

Just noticed that Gameloft have been adding £3 on my mobile bill (pay monthly) for god knows how long - I can only see my bills back to August 2017 and it was already going on then, I dread to think how far back this goes! I NEVER play ANY games and have definitely never subcribed to this! How do I get my money back and how do I stop this?! I recall getting the odd text message saying to text STOP to 'unsubscribe' (unsubscribe from something that I never have subscribed to myself!) but I thought it was a scam trying to get me to pay goodness knows what amount to some dodgy people. What can I do to stop this?! 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Gameloft billing although never subscribed!

@minniemouse99  Call customer services and they should help you in stopping this.  Too try and claim your money back you need to contact gameloft.   You might get a refund but as you say it’s been going on for so long and you was told how to unsubscribe from their service.   

Investigator

Thanks, I will definitely call customers services first thing in the morning. The thing is that I read that texting or calling the number Gameloft claim you need to contact to stop it, the texting does nothing to stop it and also that the text/call will cost shedloads of money! I've looked on Gameloft website to contact them and they say you have to use the form on the website to get your query dealt with, but to do that you have to log in/sign up.... I've never subscribed so don't have a log in, and certainly have no intention to sign up!!! I'm absolutely fuming!!! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @minniemouse99

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to customer services?

You can find more information about the Gameloft subscription and how to contact them on our charges to mobile help page.

Chris

Investigator

Hi, yes I got a full refund! I found an email address to the CEO of Gameloft and received an email from their customerservice the next day. Initially they offered far less than I was owed but EE checked when they started billing and Gamelift refunded me in full. Check with EE when they started billing and email support@gameloft.com They refunded with no quibbles in a day via PayPal. And ask EE to put a third party block on the account. Good luck!
by DavidZ Investigator
Investigator

The exact same thing appears to have happened to

me. My son thought the texts to cancel the subscription were simply spam and deleted them as he never used Gameloft.

i never noticed the small amounts on the bill and as EE did not clearly state that it was a gaming site, it was not picked up on.

Have you managed to get a refund, etc?

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @DavidZ

Have you managed to put a stop to the subscription?

Many thanks,

Lee

by DavidZ Investigator
Investigator

Thanks very much for the info. The block is already on! I’ll persevere with Gameloft.

by DavidZ Investigator
Investigator

Yes thanks Lee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.