by amcc Investigator
Investigator

Friends and Family eligable plans and handsets

Hi, is the Samsung Galxy S8 available as an upgrade on the 5GB £55.99/month plan at £9.99 with my existing Friends and Family discount

http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/samsung-galaxy-s8-midnight-black/details#

thanks,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Friends and Family eligable plans and handsets

Hi @amcc and welcome to the Community.

I can't see any issue, I have cross checked the plan against the Tc's and c's and it looks ok.

Our customer service team will be able to confirm this when processing your upgrade.

Many thanks,

Lee

by amcc Investigator
Investigator

thanks for your response.  I went into a branch several days ago and they had put me onto a 3GB tarrif and charged me £50 for the handset.  Afterwards, when I saw this online, I phoned 150 and they had no ability to change plan until 30 days had passed, and I should go back into the branch within 14 days for them to resolve it.

I went back to the branch, asked why I wasn't offered the higher data, lower cost package, they told me that it wasn't available for Friends and Family, hence my question.  Eventiually the store manager offered to move me to the 5GB tarrif, but wouldn't refund the £40 difference in handset cost, saying they would need to cancel this contract and I would then lose my friends and family discount for a new contract (my friend has now left EE).

I feel like I have been missold and overcharged.  What's the best mechanism to resolve this, and get 5GB tarrif and only pay £10 for the handset?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @amcc

Thank you for coming to see us again in community 🙂

I would recommend a chat with our complaints team to try and resolve this.

I can't promise that you will get the resolution you are seeking, but by following our complaints process, this is the correct channel to go down.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by amcc Investigator
Investigator

I contacted the complaints team as you suggested and have now been moved to the 5GB plan and had the difference in upfront cost credited to my account.  Thanks for your help

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amcc 🙂

I am genuinely made up for you, that you got what you needed.

I hope we have been a help to you in community and it really means loads to us you coming to see us.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions