by Woolfy12
Explorer

Friends and Family discount

Hi,

I have had the friends and family discount on my account since being with EE (T-Mbile originally) over 13 years ago when one of our friends worked at T-Mobile and was classed a whether they left would keep the discount regardless as the rules have changed now as if someone leaves you loose the discount, and a couple of times when upgrading the upgrades Team have forgotten to re-add the discount but got sorted.

On this occasion when upgrading my phone and my wife’s they made a complete mess of it and mine was sorted out.

On my wife’s they didn’t advise correctly on the tariffs we could get and took out a tariff and the discount was on there, and tried changing to another and they didn’t check first to see if we were eligible for that tariff and in the process they removed the discount and we had to keep the tariff taken out.

I have had to ring each month now to get them to manually add the discount and been advised this has been passed to the Friends and Family Team to reapply and now being told even though error on Agents part, that they are having trouble putting discount back and would have been taken off as continuously checking accounts for friends and family discount that have ceased which is not the case here as this was done in error.

I have seen previous posts to say have been reapplied after putting up post, as have called so many times and going around in circles.

Just want this sorted now, and will be calling back tomorrow to make a complaint.

Can anyone please help to resolve this?

Regards

Neil

👍

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Friends and Family discount

Hi @Woolfy12

Welcome to the community.

Due to the complexity of your query and that the customer service team have been unable to resolve this, I recommend speaking to our complaints team.

They will look into this and do their best to help you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Woolfy12
Explorer

Hi Chris,

I have just called and asked to make a complaint, they have assured me again that the discount as a discount not as friends and family, is on the account but as a previous post stated would cause problems later and F&F needs to be reinstated.

i am going to post the complaint on here as I am not convinced and know will be calling in next month again.

i just want this properly sorted.

i would like someone to call me and discuss.

Regards

Neil

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @Woolfy12

Sorry to hear this isn't resolved to your satisfaction.

We do not have access to your account here in the community.

The correct channels to make a complaint can be found on our ways to complain help and support page.

If you would like to speak to someone from the complaints team over the phone, there is a contact number on there too.

Please let us know what happens.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.