Highlighted
by
Explorer

Free upgrade at end of contract

Hi does anyone know if I went for my standard upgrade paying no extra does this renew your current contract or could you then still cancel and change to sim only if you wanted to? Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Free upgrade at end of contract

@nwright3888   If you want to upgrade to a sim only you don’t need to give notice.  You just upgrade to the sim only.  The handset is yours to keep and use with the sim only.  If you call customer services when you reach your upgrade period just tell them what you want and ask what can they offer as a sim only.     You only give notice to end your current contract if your not upgrading but moving to a different network.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nwright3888   if you don’t give notice to end your current contract it will continue on a rolling 30 day contract at the same price point that you have now you could if you wish to upgrade to a Sim only, a upgrade doesn’t necessarily mean a new phone it can be a sim only. 

by
Explorer

Thanks so as it states I can upgrade 45 days before my current contract ends for free then by 30 days I can give my notice to end that contract but keep my upgraded phone? If that makes sense? I currently pay £80 odd a month but I will be going onto maternity leave soon and don't really need all the data and adds on I have had previously so wanted to switch to a cheap sim only deal 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@nwright3888   If you want to upgrade to a sim only you don’t need to give notice.  You just upgrade to the sim only.  The handset is yours to keep and use with the sim only.  If you call customer services when you reach your upgrade period just tell them what you want and ask what can they offer as a sim only.     You only give notice to end your current contract if your not upgrading but moving to a different network.  

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions