by matt55 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Extra SIM only plan but sharing my data on my main plan?

Currently I'm on a 12m SIM only plan and I'm looking to get an extra line to share my data with a second line/number, but not gift, as I want it to be automatic, sort of like a first come first serve when it comes to data, not me having to remember to gift it each month!

I've seen that I can get a 2nd SIM only line for £7.92 via https://shop.ee.co.uk/auth/sim-only/add-pay-monthly-phones after discounts are applied (plus whatever I can get from Quidco for example).

However, when I asked online chat, I was told the cheapest, without the corporate discount was a £13 sharer SIM?  

Is there a difference to this £13 "sharer SIM" over the above plan when linked to my account?  Can the above 12m SIM only tariff not be used to share my data if I purchase it as a second line on my account or something?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Extra SIM only plan but sharing my data on my main plan?

Yes, as your main SIM is set up with shared data, you will be able to take out the SIM only plan and share the data @matt55.

This would have been set up at the point of connection anyway. 🙂

Shared plans are pay monthly only.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
by

Hi @matt55

Welcome to the community. 🙂

You can find information on our current range of shared plans on the pay monthly shared price guide.

The sales team will give you their best available deal. May be worth giving them a call: 0800 956 6000.

Chris

Established Contributor

I'm not sure how but since posting yesterday, I've now got a fixed addon of "4GEE data is now shared" in the My EE app. 

I was planning on getting onto Live Chat to ask them to change me onto a sharer plan as per instructions here: https://www.4g.co.uk/news/ee-shared-plans-explained but it looks like it's already been done.

So this means now, I could just get a 2nd line additional line from here: https://shop.ee.co.uk/auth/sim-only/add-pay-monthly-phones and just share the data that now, right?

I assume I wouldn't be able to share with PAYG?

by
Solution

Yes, as your main SIM is set up with shared data, you will be able to take out the SIM only plan and share the data @matt55.

This would have been set up at the point of connection anyway. 🙂

Shared plans are pay monthly only.

Chris

Established Contributor

Ah fantastic, I don't know why I was quoted £13 for a sharer SIM, if this add-on that's somehow appeared on my account lets me get the SIM only plan and to do the same thing.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.