by SassaJ
Explorer

Ending contract after 24 months and getting pac code

Hi, 

I’m hoping someone will be able to help. 

My contract term in up on 14th May and I will be ending my contract then due to poor signal at home and work.

I called 150 yesterday and, as I expected, was told to give 30 days notice to cancel on 14th May. However, when I mentioned getting my pac code, I was told that I couldn’t give 30 days notice to finish on 14/5/18 and instead would have to call on 14th May to get the pac code and give 30 days notice.

This sounds wrong to me as then I will have to pay for another month which I obviously don’t want to do!

I’m hoping that someone will have an answer for me!

Thanks

Sarah

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Ending contract after 24 months and getting pac code

Basically EE are correct because as soon as they issue you a PAC, there's nothing stopping you from using it there and then foregoing your 30 days notice.  Using a PAC ends your EE contract there and then.

You will get a refund the following month for any un-used line rental though once you do use the PAC.

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Basically EE are correct because as soon as they issue you a PAC, there's nothing stopping you from using it there and then foregoing your 30 days notice.  Using a PAC ends your EE contract there and then.

You will get a refund the following month for any un-used line rental though once you do use the PAC.

by SassaJ
Explorer

Thanks, that is really helpful. I was concerned by not giving the 30 days notice!

Sarah

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.