by courtneyfitz93
Explorer

Early Upgrade.

I have been in contact with EE technical team yesterday as the phone I have with yourselves, my daughters phone, has had awful technical problems. Will not hold a charge, when it is charging it’s too hot to touch, goes from 100% to 20% battery in minutes and can be at 3% battery and leap to 40% while charging in a couple of minutes. The touch screen has started to lag and when making phone calls the phone will still be ringing but the screen goes black and will not turn back on. My daughter put her 4G on and it went from half charge to dead in seconds. The man I spoke to yesterday let me know that the IPhone 6s Plus is out of warranty, my contract ends in June 2019. I was in contact with Apple themselves and it will cost me £319 to buy a new phone. Apple did diagnostics and it is a software problem, I had to have the phone fixed last year due to a software problem too, and the phone will not be fixed. I was told my early upgrade fee would be £200.20 and myself and my daughter has looked at a plan to early upgrade as she is going into a psychiatric facility and to have surgery for Endometriosis and needs a phone right away. The plan we have agreed on is the Huawei P20 Pro with the free GT Watch, 10gb data (but we would drop it to 8gb to save money if possible) Twilight colour, unlimited calls and texts at £43 per month and £50 upfront cost. Because my only options are pay Apple for a out of date phone that can be changed in 5 months or early upgrade, I will have to early upgrade. I spoke with another advisor, not in the upgrade department, who said he could give me £100 off my early upgrade fee but I would have to pay £200 but £100 would be credited to my account that would pay just over two monthly bills. That’s a very kind offer but I was hoping there is anyway that the £100 could be taken off the early upgrade and I would only pay £100.20 + upfront cost of the Huawei P20 Pro. I would rather not have it credited to my account and just pay the monthly bill as normal. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Early Upgrade.

Hi @courtneyfitz93

You would need to speak to CS direct about your request as there is no account access on these forums.

An alternate plan is you could buy an EE PAYG phone and use your current SIM in that phone. This would be cheaper than upgrading on the plan you describe in your post. Or you could upgrade to a less premium device, again this would lower your monthly bill.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@@courtneyfitz93   You say you have the phone fixed before by who ?  How old is the device?  When did you purchase it ?  

It sounds like the battery needs replacing as that’s why it’s getting hot and the charge doesn’t hold.    You can not just keep charging batteries all the time as it will shorten there life cycle.  Only charge when it needs it.  

Also this is just a public forum so point in trying to get a better deal with EE here.   

by
EE Community Team

Hi @courtneyfitz93,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your in this position. 

Have you thought about @Northerner suggestion to get a cheaper handset on pay as you go to cover you until you can upgrade?

When you have a chance, if you could answer the questions @Chris_B has asked so we have some more information about your situation and we can offer further help to try and get a resolution for you.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.