Highlighted
by th0mas3dgar
Explorer

EE keeps cancelling my direct debit and charging me for 'missing payments'

EE keeps cancelling my direct debit without notifying me, and then telling me that I have an additional charge to pay for missing my payment. Every month I have to go online and pay, and try to set up a direct debit again. This month it happened again and now I'm being told I have to pay an even bigger charge than usual because of previous late payments, along with a letter threatening my credit rating for something that EE is doing, not me. How can I make sure it won't get cancelled again and get out of this ridiculous payment?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: EE keeps cancelling my direct debit and charging me for 'missing payments'

Hi @th0mas3dgar and welcome to the community.

Please do give customer services a call and double check details have been taken correctly and that the correct direct debit date has been requested.

Many thanks,

Lee

by th0mas3dgar
Explorer

I know all the details are correct because I have to enter the same ones every month, it never automatically takes the money out whatever date of the month. I set it up online every month and every time it says it has successfully set up a direct debit for the date my bill is supposed to come each month. I want to know why it keeps cancelling without giving me any kind of notice. I just tried to pay manually online now (including the extra charge that I shouldn't have in the first place) several times and it wouldn't even let me do that, because it 'couldn't find' the card details entered right on the screen below. How am I supposed to avoid extra charges and damaging my credit rating if every method of payment is for some reason being disallowed to me?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry @th0mas3dgar, you will have to ring customer service and speak to the billing department, as there is no account access in the forums, they should be able to help sort this out and give you an answer as to why it gets cancelled.

You also have to make sure that you have enough funds in your bank account when the money is being taken out, as it should not get cancelled.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @th0mas3dgar 

Thanks for coming here again to community 🙂

I know this must be a source of frustration for you and I'm sure that when you speak with customer services they can fix this.

I would always advise to make sure with your Bank they have the direct debit set up and that it's set up at our side.

Best of luck

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions