Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
by
EE Community Support Team

EE Upgrades: All you need to know about upgrading your phone with EE.

[ Edited ]

In this post we are going to explain everything that you need to know as an EE customer to see if you're eligible for upgrading your device with EE.

We know how eager you are to get your hands on the latest phones and tablets, so let us help you through the upgrade journey.

How can I check to see if I can upgrade?

There are a few methods you can use to see if you can upgrade.

• You can log in to My EE to check your upgrade status.  To do this Tap  See plans and upgrade deals >> Plan summary >>Standard upgrade from.   My EE will show you the you the next available date when you can upgrade without paying a fee.

• You can upgrade to a new phone and plan if you've got less than 45 days to go until your contract renewal date. However, if your account has an outstanding balance then you will not be eligible for an upgrade until the outstanding amount is settled.

• If Annual Upgrade is included in your plan, the date for this will be shown in My EE.

• You can also text UP to 150, You'll then get a text message back informing you whether you're eligible, and explaining what to do next. 

What if I’m not eligible to upgrade, can I upgrade early?

Yes, you can if you meet the following criteria:

• You're a SIM-only customer on a 12, 18 or 24 month plan with EE, or you're on any other pay monthly plan with EE

• You're more than 6 months into your contract with more than 45 days to go before your contract renewal date

You can’t upgrade early regardless, if you meet any of the following:

• You're a business customer

• You have outstanding balance on your EE plan

• You're a mobile broadband customer

How much will my early upgrade fee cost?

This can vary, so we would always advise to contact customer services and the upgrades team can give you the figure over the phone, just follow the options on the automated service to get you through to the team.

Can you keep your own phone?

You can keep your existing phone or trade it in for cash through our Recycle and Reward scheme.  

However if this phone was part of Annual Upgrade terms and conditions apply.

What if I change my mind and don’t want to early upgrade, is there a cancellation period?

You can decide to cancel your early upgrade by telling us within 14 days, unless you have chosen to recycle your old phone with Recycle and Reward.

Please note: the 14 day cancellation period does not apply to upgrades done in one of our retail stores.

So that’s everything that you need to know about upgrading your device with EE.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

13 REPLIES
by
Visitor

Re: EE Upgrades: All you need to know about upgrading your phone with EE.

Hi

I done early upgrade, I have email with order number (just I waiting for phone because that was pre order). I don't know why still when i log to my account its showing like I can upgrade? thats normal?

by
Grand Master

@mexikanos11.  This is perfectly normal and if you try to upgrade again it will fail as EEs systems will know youve upgraded but it just hasnt filtered down to show in your account yet. 

by

Hi and welcome to the Community @mexikanos11

@Chris_B is exactly right in what he has mentioned about your upgrade, as the device has been pre-ordered your account will change over once this has been dispatched.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Explorer

When i log in on my account i can see both the phone and ipad accounts. My contract for the ipad ends in september, so can i not upgrade till the contract is over?

by
Grand Master

@paula-c  You can upgrade the iPad 45 days before the minimum term. 

by
Explorer

thats great. thank you very much

by

I have an early upgrade in two weeks and I would like to change my price plan to a cheaper because I'm paying two much will I be able to? 

Thanks in advance 

by

Hi @Arussell7,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch and a member of the upgrades team will be happy to take you through the available options.

Thanks

James

by
Investigator

Hi , My EE account tells me I can get an upgrade now but when I press the button to upgrade it goes to another screen that says I cant !!!

I have come to the end of my contract so whats up ?

by

Hi @Alyp1

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Can you please text UP to 150 for me please.

You will get a free text back to confirm eligibility.

If you are struggling to upgrade through the website, please try and log in from another browser.

If this doesn't work, then please call customer services and they will help you.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Valued Contributor

Can people still upgrade if they have had payment issues in the past but are now up to date? I lost my job over 6 months ago and missed 2 payments. These were cleared and now it's been paid on time each month, would this cause a problem for upgrading? 

Thanks

by
Grand Master

@JayAllum  The best way to find is to call customer services about upgrading or go to your local EE store.

by

Hi @JayAllum

Thank you for posting in the community Smiley Happy

@Chris_B is absolutely spot on and correct with what he has said.

Give us a call or pop into your local EE store and the guys will help you.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.