cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Benefit Added As New Telecoms Debt On My Credit Score (Twice)

EE2022C
Contributor
Contributor

Is this normal?

So I've had a nightmare setting up my smart benefit with EE, I've tried numerous times to setup Amazon Prime with no joy. On 25th December 2021 I tried to setup the BTSport benefit with no luck, I gave up because I had joy previously setting up the Amazon Prime Smart Benefit on numerous occasions.

So on the 20th January 2022 I contacted EE live chat for help (frankly this seems to be when things have become worse)

Chat support tried 3 times to get it to work asking me for a BT Pin number via email without any joy, I was told that a complain had been raised with EE and they would be in touch within 24 hours, 30 minutes later I received a text from EE stating the complaint had been closed. Nothing was resolved? 

I've come to understand the issue I'm having with the BT Smart benefit is that I'm not getting the confirmation email from BT to confirm the account, so although I'm getting a BT Sports ID, I didn't receive the confirmation email which means the account hasn't been actually created.

So I try signing up again with a different email address, same issue again, no confirmation email arrives to confirm the account.

So February arrives and I get a notification that a telecoms account has been added to my account, its BT with a debt of £196!!!! 

Is this normal? This is supposed to be a seemless addition of my EE package, not another account/debt added to my credit score?? I can see from the account number that this is from the BT Sports Smart benefit I tried to add on the 25th Decemeber, but this account doesn't exist! 

It gets worse 

Today I get another notification from my credit score telling me another telecom account has been added to my account (I'm assuming this is my 2nd attempt at signing up for BT Sport Smart benefit) and its even worse this time because I don't even know the BT account number for this because I didn't receive any confirmation email or email confirming anything!

So now I've got (2) BT debts attached to my credit score and I don't have even 1 working EE Smart benefit.

If anyone can offer any info on how or why this has happened and how I can get this resolved I'd really appreciate it

February BT Account added to my credit scoreFebruary BT Account added to my credit scoreImpending March BT Account added to my credit scoreImpending March BT Account added to my credit scoreLive Support no help 20th JanuaryLive Support no help 20th JanuaryIssue/Complaint Closed 30 Minutes LaterIssue/Complaint Closed 30 Minutes Later

11 REPLIES 11
EE2022C
Contributor
Contributor

SmartSelect_20220318-131353_Brave.jpg

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EE2022C

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Our How does EE use my credit file information?, article has information on contacting our credit referrals team to get this investigated. 

They will get this looked into and get back to you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

I'd really like to get this resolved today if possible, I know how a credit rating works, what I don't understand is how through a EE Smart benefit which is supposed to be a feature of my contract with EE, I've got 2 debts on my credit report now from BT.

I don't have a contract or any agreement with BT, Ive only got a contract with EE who I gave permission to check my credit rating when I signed up for my EE contract last year.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully this can be explained and resolved today.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @EE2022C

I've sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne. 

PM replied, many thanks Leanne

Ok so I've decided to post an update here, 

So received 2 phone calls from EE member Tracy_B1 on 20th March for a total of 49 minutes. Very pleasant individual 

I was frustrated by the conversation considering that I sent Tracy_B1 a PM before the call outlining my hope that she would have a solution for me, sadly that didn't happen and nearly another hour of my time was wasted just talking over every point I've mentioned in this thread. After explaining strongly that's what I didn't want in a PM that's what I got, Not happy

So what I established was nothing new from the phone call

1) EE don't know how the credit agreements have happened (even though I can prove they have happened through my EE account

2) I did ask for compensation, credit note, something as a good will gesture, this was declined because EE don't want to admit liability that its their fault (I've seen numerous threads on the internet with other customers claiming similar treatment and being passed around department to department.

3) I was given a BT email address to make a complaint to BT, so passing the buck but was told to please keep us updated on how you get on, great.....

Thankfully I'd already contacted BT at the same time I created this thread and received a call on 22nd March, 8 minute phonecall and was assured they'd get the issue sorted for me (even though they have nothing to do with EE etc) it's been referred to the BT credit referrals team and I received a call yesterday to confirm its been resolved and both BT credit agreements will be removed from my credit file in the next 30 days.

Great! Problem solved right? Well yes and no

I'm not happy with EE and the time, trouble and problems this has caused my credit report, the facts are this has happened from EEs end and I can prove it! I've got other evidence that I haven't posted in this thread that prove this has happened through EE.

I would like to escalate this complaint now because I'm not happy

1) I've got an EE Smart benefit I've been paying for 12 months which I can't use (4 months of not having BT Sport since December 2021) and I can't/won't touch the Smart benefit eve4 again in fear that this nightmare could very well happen again.

2) I've spent at least 7 hours of my time to get this resolved 

3) This mess up from EE has effected my credit score 

So I'd appreciate if someone from EE could contact me concerning this.

Why does no one from EE respond in this thread?

Let's be honest folks, this is an absolute joke!

I've spend over 7 hours of my time on this and to escalate a complaint you want me to do more of the same through more phone calls

NOT happening!

@EE2022C  no one from EE can actually help you from this public forum as it’s not customer services.   You’ve been offered help but are now refusing it remember to tell that to the ombudsman