by jamiespooner82 Contributor
Contributor

EE Perks - iPhone X

I'm trying to upgrade online to an iPhone X using my employee Perks discount code however the only available online options are the ones with the annual upgrade attached meaning that I am unable to use the discount code.  If I were to upgrade to an iPhone 8 I would be able to use the code without any issues as there are plans without this 'add on' to choose from.

I've called the upgrade team who state that they are unable to apply the discount over the phone but they could upgrade me and the discount could be applied after...which I'm slightly dubious about.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Jamie 

36 REPLIES 36
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE Perks - iPhone X

Hi @jamiespooner82

Welcome to the community and thank you for your interest in iPhone X. 🙂

There is a 15GB per month 4GEE Max plan option that doesn't come with the Annual Upgrade. This should allow you to use your EE perk discount. 🙂

Chris

Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G,

Thanks for the reply.  

Unless I'm doing it wrong, when I go to upgrade and select the iPhone X it gives me 9 monthly plans to choose from.  All plans come with the annual upgrade option as standard.  

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 20.15.22.png

There is however an option to add the plan you mention without the annual upgrade option but this only appears when adding the phone as additional handset to my account; which I don't want to do.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 20.16.39.png

by

Hi @jamiespooner82,

Thanks for the screenshots, I've asked our upgrades team to look into this for you.

James

by

Hi @jamiespooner82,

Just to double check, have you selected 'all plans' and scrolled through all of the options?

Thanks

James

by Stuart0870 Contributor
Contributor

He will have done, because I know I did, many many many times, as I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.

To go from 15gb to 100gb is bloody awful btw, it needs a middle ground, I know it claims "100gb for the price of 25gb", but it's not really, is it 🙂  Put a 40gb option in, with higher handset cost in, like you have on the iPhone 8+ WITHOUT THE ANNUAL UPGRADE, so perks will work!

Contributor

@Stuart0870  At least I'm no the only one then!

@James_B I selected the iPhone X and then selected 'See all plans' which takes me to a horizontal scrolling list. The amount of plans available appears to have reduced from yesterday but I can confirm each one comes with the annual upgrade attached.

Contributor

@James_B Seeing that at least two of us are not able to apply the perk discount online, are we not able to call somone to get this applied over the phone instead?

Contributor

Or hey, I don't know, do something radical, like allowing ANNUAL UPGRADE plans to apply perks too.. Crazy talk, I know...

Off topic: Oh, and while I'm here, what happened to loyalty £67.99 + £199 handset cost for new users,  or + £299 for upgrade users... Loyal much?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I’m on the Perk setup so I feel your pain. It really needs streamlining and some work to address this. 

For the X I have had to go down a different route of dealing with Apple direct, due to this. 

I’m hoping EE can address this as feedback on the topic was passed to the senior team by me a few weeks ago. 

Keep posting your issues or any barriers you’re facing, and hopefully one of the team can address this. 

Contributor

Thanks @Ben090, unfortunately the perks 6% I think it is, that Apple deducts doesn't apply to iPhone X's yet, and last I looked yesterday, they were showing OOS anyway.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Got to love our 6% don’t you ha! You’re right @Stuart0870 but after being shocked at the maths, I’ve gone with their annual iPhone programme. The cost savings is surprising! 

Contributor

My discount is 20% off monthly plans so thats why I'm quite keen to get it sorted Smiley Very Happy

by

Thanks for confirming @jamiespooner82

It's currently under investigation and I'll keep you updated.

James

Contributor

Quick update @James_B @Ben090 @Stuart0870 @Christopher_G

I managed to web chat to the online upgrade team about these issues.  

'Mike B' was able to upgrade me to a 25GB monthly plan for £57 without an annual upgrade option using my Perks code so everything is now sorted.

Why these plans are not publicly available on the website I have no idea.

by

Thanks for the update @jamiespooner82

I'm glad Mike was able to get this sorted for you.

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Superb @jamiespooner82

I’m hoping the team can get this fixed. 

Contributor

@jamiespooner82, What upfront cost did you have, and was that £57 before or after the 20%?

Contributor

£99 upfront handset cost and £57 a month after the discount.

Contributor

Thanks, time to ask for the same deal...

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.