by 1craftyboy Contributor
Contributor

EE Huawei users through Bt contracts

I was about to renew my bT SIM contract (which uses EE of course).

As I'm purchasing a new Huawei phone, should I now not renew with them, considering bTs current political bias against Huawei and their subsequent threat to block Huawei equipment from thier network?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE Huawei users through Bt contracts

@1craftyboy: That's down to your conscience. Is it gonna make any difference? I doubt it! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@1craftyboy they are not using their equipment in the core network they still work with them though.

Contributor

Thanks but I wasn't really too bothered about joining in the war. I was only worried about my phone stopping working.

Contributor

Thanks. As long as I don't end up with my phone going dead on me they can argue away !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Nobody's banning Huawei handsets or routers. It just a move to avoid their kit at the heart of crucial comms networks. Even many BB DSLAMs, the kit at the other end in the exchange or cabinet that your routers talk to, are Huawei.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David wrote:

@1craftyboy they are not using their equipment in the core network they still work with them though.

@David

Indeed it's strange decision to make when they still sell Huawei phones and Tablets. Huawei devices are high spec tech but sold cheap. wonder why, maybe to increase the number of devices so they can harvest information. Equally better cameras means more pictures and more data.......it's a conspiracy Smiley LOL

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@1craftyboy  If that was to happen it would be a breach of contract by BT, and BT will not do that obviously. 

Contributor

Thats reassuring, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions