Highlighted
by sihays
Visitor

Does EE Punish Customers?

Left with little choice I need to 'abuse' this community chat room to try and get some help.

For awareness the following happened:

I was called by a 3rd party representing EE and they convinced me to upgrade. I was then charged for my old contract as I still had 7-8 months to go along with my new contract. I disputed this with EE but they wouldn't reimburse me. I insisted that they (and I) listened to the phone call by the 3rd party but after 2 months of attempts this did not materialise. I was offered the Ombudsman service and after a few days I was offered a settlement by EE which was what I asked for - my money back and termination of my old contract whilst keeping my new phone. However, I had no choice on the Ombudsman page to but to accept EE's terms which included changing my phone number (with the new Sim). As my business is totally dependent on my phone number Website, contacts, business cards etc. I asked for my number to be returned to me.

Yesterday, without any notice, my phone service was terminated and I'm on Emergency Calls only. I used my wife's phone (as EE live chat is broken) in the evening to resolve but no fix could be made. I was promised an option of email chat to help fix the technical issue but I've heard nothing. I can't call (phone broken), I can't email and the promise made to help me via email has been broken. I'm losing business and becoming embarrassed in front of my current clients. Are EE punishing me I wonder?  

Here's hoping someone from EE sees the message and tries to help. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Does EE Punish Customers?

@sihays   Forgive me for saying this but you didn’t upgrade you took out a new contract and that why you got a new number you keep your current number with all upgrades.  

If a 3rd party calls you that in itself is not EE calling you, a 3rd party seller has convinced you to take out a new contract and not upgrade at all.  EE doesn’t use 3rd party sellers to call you to convince you to upgrade. 

You've fell for selling tactic used by this 3rd party seller.  They do not represent EE at all. 

If you had upgraded before you upgrade period you’ll be required to pay off your current contract.   

EE do not store records of calls by 3rd party sellers so how could EE listen to it. 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon and welcome to the community @sihays

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

Are you using the new SIM?

I have sent you a private message for further information.

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@sihays   Forgive me for saying this but you didn’t upgrade you took out a new contract and that why you got a new number you keep your current number with all upgrades.  

If a 3rd party calls you that in itself is not EE calling you, a 3rd party seller has convinced you to take out a new contract and not upgrade at all.  EE doesn’t use 3rd party sellers to call you to convince you to upgrade. 

You've fell for selling tactic used by this 3rd party seller.  They do not represent EE at all. 

If you had upgraded before you upgrade period you’ll be required to pay off your current contract.   

EE do not store records of calls by 3rd party sellers so how could EE listen to it. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@sihays, I agree with @Chris_B. You are blaming EE when it was your involvement with a third party and not with EE that is the real issue. Don't go thinking that you will get blind support here. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.