by rehan_2k9
Visitor

Discount code not applied (mis sold contract)

My friend works for Currys, He asked me if I wanted a phone contract at a discounted rate of 30% (as he works there he can get me on the family and friends discount). 

December (2016)

I agreed and went to visit the store. Once inside I was asked to visit one of his colleagues in the Carphone warehouse desk within the store, as he had spoken to him about it beforehand and he will sort the contract out. 

After being shown a few options, I successfully agreed  to take a contract for £35 +vat a month. for a Samsung s7 edge on an unlimited minutes/texts and 10gb internet contract.

However once the staff member printed the contract out and gave me a copy, I read it and the price was displayed as £50. I questioned this as this is not what I agreed to. I only agreed to paying £35 a month.

However I was assured multiple times that the price would drop down to £35 after 3 months of me paying 50 quid to make sure I am able to pay? This being a company policy. I agreed and thought nothing of it

After the 3 months when I rang EE to get the price down as agreed, they completely refused to change the charge to £35 as agreed. They refused to change the contract as it was off the 14day period.

Having called multiple times and geting told to go away by rude employees who keep telling me that I am stuck in to this contract. I am now mentally disturbed by EE colleagues. 

I have called them so many times a year its unbelieable... it just wastes my time and energy. I am now fully frustrated and really stressed out as I do struggle to make the 55 a month even though I did not agree to this. 

If I stop paying then I will have bailaffs  after me and I will end up paying even more money. 

I am not sure how to resolve this.  

I have been lied to and been given a false contract from EE which I did not agree to. The guy who gave me the contract doesn’t know who I am and what contract he gave me.

If anyone could help me that would be really useful.

I am not sure if I can take them to court? 

If I do will I win as the contract displays the price as £50 and mentions nothing of the discount? I wonder if they have done this on purpose?

I WILL NOT RECOMMEND EE TO ANYONE.

ALSO I ACTUALLY PAY £55 WITH THE NEW CHARGES – NICE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CRAP SERVICE. I really do appreciate it - NOT

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Discount code not applied (mis sold contract)

Hello @rehan_2k9,

Welcome to the community,

You should have checked what you signed up for an made sure that you were going to be charged the right amount and not waited that long before trying to sort this out. You should have gone back to Carephone Warehouse, if that is where you got it from.

How long ago is it now since you got this contract, as after two years you can change to a sim only contract , which would be a lot cheaper and would save you money. You could also possibly discuss a way of making payments if you are struggling to pay your monthly contract, but unfortunately it is up to your friend to make sure you get the discount.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

"I have been lied to and been given a false contract from EE which I did not agree to. The guy who gave me the contract doesn’t know who I am and what contract he gave me."

No, you've been lied to by Currys and Carphone. EE may provide the service, but Currys and Carphone sold you the contract so it's them who you should be contacting to sort out.

ewan

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rehan_2k9 wrote:
I successfully agreed  to take a contract for £35 +vat a month

Why + VAT? Aren't you a consumer? Did you take out a business contract?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rehan_2k9.

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience.

As your complaint seems to be around the way that your contract was sold to you, I'd recommend getting in touch with Carphone Warehouse or going back to the place of purchase.

They will be in the best position to reach a resolution for you.

As @Schockwave has mentioned, you will be able to reduce the monthly payment price once the contract has expired, by moving to a SIM only plan or upgrading directly with EE.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.