by Crystia1
Explorer

Death whilst in contract

Hi, 

My father has passed away just before Christmas, he has several contracts with yourselves - for my young teenage siblings as well as one for himself and an Apple Watch contract. What will happen to the contracts now? I assume I ring up and provide s death certificate but I am concerned as to the outcome. Unfortunately some of my conversations with customer services in the past have not been particularly helpful and with the shock of him passing away I don’t want this to be additional stress! 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Death whilst in contract

@Crystia1  Sorry to hear of your loss. 

Give customer services a call and they will be only to happy to help you with this situation.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Death whilst in contract

Good morning @Crystia1

Thank you for taking the time to join our community.

I echo what @Chris_B has said and I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I can't even imagine how losing a parent must feel and if there is anything we can do to help with one less stress, then we will.

Here is some further information from our Life events help and support pages.

I draw your attention to the closing the account of someone who has died drop down section.

We understand that dealing with the affairs of a lost loved one can be very difficult. We’ll do everything we can to make our part in this process as easy as possible.

Contact our customer service team or on 07973 100 150 from any other number (standard rates apply).

While we take care of things, you might wish to consider unlocking the device (free of charge), or transferring the number to another family member’s name (subject to credit checking eligibility).

Or you could transfer it to pay as you go, if you’d like to keep the number.

If you can’t contact us directly on the device, you can also notify us by visiting one of our EE stores if that's best for you.

Please keep me updated and once again please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Regards

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.