by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Data Share plans

I found out about data share plans in the forum. The EE website doesn't have too much information on them, other than a FAQ which doesn't say anything about the following questions:

- If I want a SIM-only plan for my iPad, to share the data I have on my phone plan with nothing extra, would I have to pay extra monthly charges? How much?

- Can the 'leader' plan account holder limit the amount of data used by the other users (not just block/unblock data completely but set a numerical limit so that the total data limit of the entire account does not get used up by one user overnight)?

- Do the share plans include calls/texts?

- Could I turn my current plan into a share plan, if I'm nowhere near the end of my contract?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Data Share plans

@DonDino 

It's £9 per month to add a sim to a shared tariff. 

You can add a sim to a shared tariff at any time.  But it you take the leader sim off the shared tariff the other sim has to have it's own allowance.

(start them at the same time if possible so much easier)

no you can not set any limit and yes calls and text are included if applicable (not your iPad) 

If your on a discounted tariff it might not be possible to have a shared plan on that tariff. Not saying it's not possible it just might be in the terms of the offer you have.    Call customer services to see if it is possible. 

Have a look at THIS

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@DonDino 

It's £9 per month to add a sim to a shared tariff. 

You can add a sim to a shared tariff at any time.  But it you take the leader sim off the shared tariff the other sim has to have it's own allowance.

(start them at the same time if possible so much easier)

no you can not set any limit and yes calls and text are included if applicable (not your iPad) 

If your on a discounted tariff it might not be possible to have a shared plan on that tariff. Not saying it's not possible it just might be in the terms of the offer you have.    Call customer services to see if it is possible. 

Have a look at THIS

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonDino,

Did you get all the information you needed from @Chris_B's great post?

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yes he did, thank you so much!

It all sounds very good except for the £9/month which I find a bit pricey, especially if all the new SIM is doing is using the data of the main plan - it doesn't have its own (additional to the main plan) allowance.

Thank you very much for all the info @Chris_B!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DonDino   £9 per month is cheaper than its own contract just for the iPad.  But cheaper still is just tethering,  Smiley LOL

by Michael19
Explorer

I went into the EE store today and I've signed up to this share plan deal and was told by the staff that I can set data allowance/limits for the other user via the EE app or the EE website. This sounded like something quite useful and so I covince my girlfriend to switch over too. However, as I got home and tried this, it was not case and now I feel that I have been mis-sold and lied to, just to get me to signup and which I now feel really pissed off about it. I mean If everyone has been asking or complaining about this feature then EE should do something about this it (like allowing or adding this feature in their app asap). Staff need to be trained about their products and their technologies much better and give geniune and accurate information rather than just the sales pitch. Need to build that customer trust and now I have to think twice about their service!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Michael19

Thank you for coming to community for help 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the service you advised you have received has not met your expectations.

Please see our ways to complain if you'd like to speak to someone regarding your concerns.

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions