by leigha
Explorer

Credit limit reached

My bill has not even been released yet and i have a message on my line when trying to make calls that i have reached my credit limit. 

I have 3 lines on my contract all over £40 a month just for line rental and there has been less than £40 added as VAT and addittional usage. This is ridiculas. Firstly EE have messed up on so many of my bill in the first place and now this has happened at a stupid time of night.

12 REPLIES 12
by leigha
Explorer

credit limit reached

My bill has not even been released yet and i have a message on my line when trying to make calls that i have reached my credit limit. 

I have 3 lines on my contract all over £40 a month just for line rental and there has been less than £40 added as VAT and addittional usage. This is ridiculas. Firstly EE have messed up on so many of my bill in the first place and now this has happened at a stupid time of night. This comes at a time where i mostly have to be connected to wifi as the 4g coverage, thats this all amazing thing, barely works.

by dv8ed Investigator
Investigator

Re: credit limit reached

Every account has an assigned credit limit, if and when that gets exceeded the account will get suspended. This is independent of your monthly bill cycle and the pay by date. You might want to call and check with customer service why the limit has been exceeded. Do you see any unbilled charges on the app? Or have you recently upgraded or claimed a replacement under insurance. Those unbilled charges can sometimes lead to the credit limit being exceeded. Give them a call and I am sure they'll be able to give you the details. I received texts about me nearing my limit before I got barred. 

Hope that helps. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for helping @dv8ed

Morning @leigha

Thanks for posting here.

Please do give us a call our customer service team will be happy to help you with this.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

by leigha
Explorer

Well thats a bit difficult when the office is closed. Do ypu not think that was the first port of call??

Get Outlook for Android
by

Hi @leigha

Our customer service opening hours are 8am - 9pm (Mon to Fri) and 8am - 8pm (Sat & Sun)

The community has no account access to get this looked into for you.

If you call in after 8am the team will be able to help.

Thanks. Leanne.

by dv8ed Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leigha, 

It seems that you missed giving them a call when you received the notifications that you were about to get cut off. 

In all fairness, no service provider is just going to drop a suspension on you. You ignored the warning text ergo this situation.

All the best. 

Dv8

by leigha
Explorer

No i didnt receive anything so didnt miss anything either. My bills are paid on time each month so there was no reason to be cut off

Get Outlook for Android
by dv8ed Investigator
Investigator

As suggested by the community expert, currently only customer service can look into this. I was unable to give them a call as my line was barred. You can chat with them, check the details of the charges and make an interim payment over chat. If they are unable to help and refer you to 150, I was asked to do that, do what I did. I installed Skype, since you seem to have a working internet connection over wifi, added an alternate number for customer service as a contact, and spoke to them over Skype. The number I was asked to add was 0800-956-600. That's what I still do to contact them whilst abroad since I once got a bill shock from calling them from Canada ✌️
by leigha
Explorer

Thanks its sorted now ☺

Get Outlook for Android
by dv8ed Investigator
Investigator

The number should be 0800-956-6000, sorry bout the typo.
by dv8ed Investigator
Investigator

Glad to hear that Leigha. They are helpful if given the chance. ☺️
by

Great @leigha

Thanks for letting us know.

Have a lovely weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.