by Leonardshaircut Investigator
Investigator

Credit checks for sim only?

My son wants to take out a sim only deal with EE approx £20 per month. Currently with virgin on payg but that’s in my name.

Just wondering if he will likely to be refused when they do the credit check as he has no credit history (at uni, student current account). I have heard that they will not do a full credit check for a sim only contract, and thatas long as he hasn’t got any outstanding debts, which he hasn’t, he should be fine.

Also will he need to provide any ID when we go into the store to sort it out?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Credit checks for sim only?

@Leonardshaircut  Yes he will need ID the store doesn’t know who he is. , and he will need to pass a credit check.   As for being refused there’s only one way to find out.  

by Leonardshaircut Investigator
Investigator

What kind of ID? No mention was made of this when I enquire about plans a few months ago.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leonardshaircut  Passport, driving license,  anything that proves it’s him.  EE are not going to allow someone to take out a contract if they are not sure that the person taking out that contract really is that person.     

Your son is agreeing to a legal document.  

Also have a look at THIS as your son could get a 20% discount.  This is only available online and not in a store.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Leonardshaircut and welcome to the community.

Hope the information provided above has helped 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.