by Yr197347
Explorer

Contract

Why would I pay for an early upgrade when I would have to extend my contract and Pay more to you each month anyway you gain both ways higher monthly fee and a lump sum fee to close old contract 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Contract

Hello @Yr197347 ,

Welcome to the community,

You signed up for a minimum term, but if you decide to upgrade early, then the old contract has to still be paid off and a new one started, and if you also decide to get a new phone, then that will be included in the contract and depending on the phone and the contract you take out, can be more expensive than the one you have now, also need to look at the features, things change and everything does become more expensive, that is life. 

You do not have to upgrade or get a new phone, when the minimum term is up, you can go for a sim only contract.

by Yr197347
Explorer

I know that’s life but to upgrade and expect you to pay a lump sum I do not think is fair because of the contract extension, I pay £15 per month for unlimited calls and texts with just 500 mbs of data I wanted to increase to 10 gbs which would obviously cost more so why would I want to pay a lump sum to settle my old contract all I wanted was to upgrade but can’t until contract ends !

Kind regards,

Peter
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yr197347

Welcome to the community.

You don't have to upgrade to a higher monthly plan, if you don't want to. It just sounds like you need more data per month, which costs more.

@Schockwave is correct, at the start of the contract, you agree to a monthly price with a minimum term. If you upgrade or cancel your contract early, there is a charge to do so.

You can upgrade with no charge in the last 45 days of your contract. 🙂

Chris

by Yr197347
Explorer

That’s why I’m going to BT with 20 gbs unlimited texts and calls for £18 a month rather than 500 mbs and unlimited texts and calls for £15 per month !
Spot the difference from basically the same organisation ?
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Yr197347 , They are still two different organisations.

by Yr197347
Explorer

No they are not BT and EE are partners but their deals are so far apart.

Kind regards,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.