by Chloe6897 Contributor
Contributor

Contract ending

My contact is due to end at the end of November...it states on my app I can do a standard upgrade from 12th October. I’m wanting to stay with EE but have found the iPhone 8 cheaper if I go through Uswitch. Would I have to wait until November to get the phone through Uswitch or could I pay the rest of my contract off completely come October when a standard upgrade is available? 

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Contract ending

Hi @Chloe6897 If you buy from Uswitch it is regarded as a new contract so has no effect on your current one. You will then be paying for both until you cancel your existing one. You can cancel your contract at any time, paying off the remaining months (with a small discount)

If you wanted to keep the number you will need to request a PAC and port out to another network PAYG number, then PAC back into EE on your new contract.

It's a faff, but it can save some money.

Have you tried calling EE to discuss any upgrade options?

by Chloe6897 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thankyou for replying. I think i will give EE a call and see if they’re willing to do a contract similar to the one I’ve found on Uswitch. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Good luck! It often helps with retentions to ask for your PAC and see if they call back, but you need to be in your final month for that, they may not be as willing to do as much until then, but you may get lucky!

Let us know how it goes!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chloe6897: You could do either. It's up to you.

1. You could cancel your contract for end Nov. by giving 30 days notice at start of Nov. or 
  2. You could cancel anytime earlier but you would have to pay the whole of the remaining contract term less VAT.

Don't forget when cancelling to ask for your PAC so you can keep your no.

The standard upgrade date doesn't come into it as you won't be upgrading (I assume the deal from USwitch is a new contract). Can you ask Uswitch if they can do it as an EE upgrade? Then you wouldn't be paying off your contract if you do it after 12 Oct.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chistery wrote:

ask for your PAC and see if they call back, but you need to be in your final month for that

You may request a PAC at any time & it must be given to you within 2 days even if you are within contract term & will have pay ETF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@chistery wrote:

ask for your PAC and see if they call back, but you need to be in your final month for that

You may request a PAC at any time & it must be given to you within 2 days even if you are within contract term & will have pay ETF.

I meant to hopefully get rententions to call you back with a decent offer. Request it before then and you get into the ETF

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions