by JMWP
Explorer

Contract ended

My pay monthly contract ended on 18th Jan 2020. I was told in store that as I was disconnecting and not going to a rolling contract that my sim would automatically go to pay as you go and I could top up on the EE app. Whenever I log in to the app it just says account closed. I do not want to lose my phone number, so what do I do to prevent this? I am abroad and cannot visit an EE store, call EE or do any of the other suggestions until I’m back in the UK in July. I need to know how to check if I’m now pay as you go (no calls to or from my sim will work) and how to top up urgently to prevent losing the number.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Contract ended

Try texting AL to 150. What does it report exactly?

You don't get told by EE that you are cancelling your contract, you have to request it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JMWP
Explorer

Hi,

I tried that but nothing works if I send to 150.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JMWP  When you called to cancel your contract did you request to customer services to be move to a pay-as-you-go ?   Just cancelling your contract doesn’t move you to a pay-as-you-go and it will close your account you have to request this. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.