Highlighted
by Emma_Coote
Explorer

Changed from PAYG to Sim Only Pay Monthly. Where is my £20 credit?

Today I changed from Pay as you go to a £15 sim only pay monthly plan. I’m aware my outstanding credit got transferred (£20). However I can’t see that anywhere on My EE? Please help as the person I spoke to said it would take that for the first bill then the next month I’d only need to pay £10, however it says my payment method is direct debit and it’s very confusing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Re: Changed from PAYG to Sim Only Pay Monthly. Where is my £20 credit?

Hi @Emma_Coote,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you've figured it out with the help of all the great information here on community 🙂

Unlike your pay as you go account, on pay monthly, you wont see any credit that is sitting on your account until your bill is produced. 

As @XRaySpeX advised, the £20 credit will be used to pay off your bills. If for example your bill was £10 for 2 months, nothing would be taken direct debit as the £20 credit would cover these.

We have a some great information on pay monthly billing which has videos and a break down of your My EE account and bills to direct debits.

Please let us know if you have anything else you need clarified on your new account.

Alex 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Emma_Coote

Yes he was right, that will be credit in your account and your first bill will be taken from your credit. And next bill also from your remaining credit + direct debit.

Can can see that on your bill when that will be due. 

Thanks 

by Emma_Coote
Explorer

Are you sure? Because I just topped up my payg before changing I didn’t want to be charged the £15 again. So it will use £15 credit, then next month £5 credit and the rest direct debit? Sorry new to pay monthly so it’s all a lot to take in. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The DD is only taken for the amount left owing each month. Your £20 credit isn't owing & will be used against your bills before the DD is calculated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Hi @Emma_Coote,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you've figured it out with the help of all the great information here on community 🙂

Unlike your pay as you go account, on pay monthly, you wont see any credit that is sitting on your account until your bill is produced. 

As @XRaySpeX advised, the £20 credit will be used to pay off your bills. If for example your bill was £10 for 2 months, nothing would be taken direct debit as the £20 credit would cover these.

We have a some great information on pay monthly billing which has videos and a break down of your My EE account and bills to direct debits.

Please let us know if you have anything else you need clarified on your new account.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions