Highlighted
by Emma_Coote
Explorer

Changed from PAYG to Sim Only Pay Monthly. Where is my £20 credit?

Today I changed from Pay as you go to a £15 sim only pay monthly plan. I’m aware my outstanding credit got transferred (£20). However I can’t see that anywhere on My EE? Please help as the person I spoke to said it would take that for the first bill then the next month I’d only need to pay £10, however it says my payment method is direct debit and it’s very confusing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Changed from PAYG to Sim Only Pay Monthly. Where is my £20 credit?

Hi @Emma_Coote,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you've figured it out with the help of all the great information here on community 🙂

Unlike your pay as you go account, on pay monthly, you wont see any credit that is sitting on your account until your bill is produced. 

As @XRaySpeX advised, the £20 credit will be used to pay off your bills. If for example your bill was £10 for 2 months, nothing would be taken direct debit as the £20 credit would cover these.

We have a some great information on pay monthly billing which has videos and a break down of your My EE account and bills to direct debits.

Please let us know if you have anything else you need clarified on your new account.

Alex 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Emma_Coote

Yes he was right, that will be credit in your account and your first bill will be taken from your credit. And next bill also from your remaining credit + direct debit.

Can can see that on your bill when that will be due. 

Thanks 

by Emma_Coote
Explorer

Are you sure? Because I just topped up my payg before changing I didn’t want to be charged the £15 again. So it will use £15 credit, then next month £5 credit and the rest direct debit? Sorry new to pay monthly so it’s all a lot to take in. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The DD is only taken for the amount left owing each month. Your £20 credit isn't owing & will be used against your bills before the DD is calculated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Emma_Coote,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you've figured it out with the help of all the great information here on community 🙂

Unlike your pay as you go account, on pay monthly, you wont see any credit that is sitting on your account until your bill is produced. 

As @XRaySpeX advised, the £20 credit will be used to pay off your bills. If for example your bill was £10 for 2 months, nothing would be taken direct debit as the £20 credit would cover these.

We have a some great information on pay monthly billing which has videos and a break down of your My EE account and bills to direct debits.

Please let us know if you have anything else you need clarified on your new account.

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.