by bvan
Explorer

Change name on account after marriage

Hi,

I need to change the title and surname on my account after having gotten married. On the help page article about ho to do this it just says "If you've changed your name (e.g. marriage, separation) then send a copy of the certificate showing the change of name. We'll happily update the details on your account" But how can I send it? Live chat has never EVER shown anything other than "busy" every time I have tried to use it over the years. How can I email it to you?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Change name on account after marriage

Hi @bvan

Thank you so much for coming to community 🙂

I can see you have been given great help from @XRaySpeX and @BrendonH

Congratulations on getting married, I got married last year and I love it.

I can confirm that there are two ways to change your details, you can send a covering letter to the postal address below detailing your current name, mobile number, account number and address along with the required documentation:

EE
Customer Administration
6 Camberwell Way
Doxford Technology Park
Doxford
Sunderland
SR3 3XN

The timescales for getting the name changed is around 72 working hours from the time the proofs/letter is received.

So the overall timescale can be dependent on how you send the proofs/letter through the post (IE 1st/2nd class, recorded etc).

Or you can pop down to your local EE store and we can do it there.

I know what it's like waiting for the marriage certificate back, it's stressful.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Send it by post to:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Could also take it into an EE store.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by bvan
Explorer

I was hoping for an email address to save me half a day and the travel costs getting too and from an EE store. But thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE, a communication company, don't provide email contact for mobile users.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bvan
Explorer

I was hoping for an email address as I only have one marriage certificate, and would need it securley posted back and forth which would cost a lot. Also very risky, and would be very expensive to replace. I have nearly 100 different companies to change my name with and can't wait 3 weeks for the document to be posted back from each one. 

by
Solution

Hi @bvan

Thank you so much for coming to community 🙂

I can see you have been given great help from @XRaySpeX and @BrendonH

Congratulations on getting married, I got married last year and I love it.

I can confirm that there are two ways to change your details, you can send a covering letter to the postal address below detailing your current name, mobile number, account number and address along with the required documentation:

EE
Customer Administration
6 Camberwell Way
Doxford Technology Park
Doxford
Sunderland
SR3 3XN

The timescales for getting the name changed is around 72 working hours from the time the proofs/letter is received.

So the overall timescale can be dependent on how you send the proofs/letter through the post (IE 1st/2nd class, recorded etc).

Or you can pop down to your local EE store and we can do it there.

I know what it's like waiting for the marriage certificate back, it's stressful.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by JustinAwesome Contributor
Contributor

Excellent! Thanks... I changed my name not by marriage, but still didnt want to wait for pigeon post to update it on the system so I popped into my local EE store with my old passport, new passport and change of name deed poll document and the name change was completed in under 5 minutes. 

Gold star for Richard_C!

by

pic spot prize.png

Hi @JustinAwesome

Thanks for backing me up and in the process, helping others.

I'm really pleased that you had an easy experience doing it.

I'm going to send you a private message which I'd like you to reply to, so I can send you a little something for helping out.

Keep up the good work.

Richard

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.