Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Change from T-mobile to EE?

I will be moving from the Netherlands to the UK once the borders open up again (just COVID-19 things). I currently have a T-mobile mobile phone contract, I saw on wikipedia that T-mobile is/was linked to EE. Would it be possible to transfer my contract to EE when I move? I still have a year and a half on my current contract so it would be a shame to cancel it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Change from T-mobile to EE?

I decided I would enquire with T-mobile over here just in case, it seems it is possible! They still have some kind of understanding apparently, you get an account at EE in the UK and send the details to T-mobile with proof that you are leaving the country and they can transfer your contract over to EE

https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/mobiel/opzeggen-of-verlengen#opzeggen 

(sorry it's in dutch)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Catapoefty 

No.

You have a Dutch mobile account which you cannot bring to the UK.

T-Mobile UK & Orange merged to form EE, but this has no bearing on T-Mobile or Orange's networks & companies in other countries.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Aah that's a bummer, thanks for the reply!

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

I decided I would enquire with T-mobile over here just in case, it seems it is possible! They still have some kind of understanding apparently, you get an account at EE in the UK and send the details to T-mobile with proof that you are leaving the country and they can transfer your contract over to EE

https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/mobiel/opzeggen-of-verlengen#opzeggen 

(sorry it's in dutch)

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.