by garys2634
Visitor

Cant use my phone and was promised an upgrade by EE about 6 months ago

In february, I asked for an upgrade as my phone was on the verge; I am currently a sim only customer. Although the automated service said I could get an upgrade, the store disallowed it due to my billing payments which were often days late. So, i set up a direct debit and fixed the issue. I was told that I would be eligible for an upgrade in a couple of months - I asked again and did not receive. This morning, I dropped my phone and the screen is gone completely. I cannot dial out and if someone dials in, I have awful time trying to answer it. Please, I am asking for the upgrade now. My DD has been in place for months now and I desperately need a phone

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Cant use my phone and was promised an upgrade by EE about 6 months ago

Hello @garys2634 ,

Welcome to the community,

This forum is does not have access to your account, you will have to ring customer service and speak to them, as they are the only ones, who can tell you when you will be eligible and allowed an upgrade, as this also depends on your credit rating.

If you are not able to use your phone, then you can always get a cheap or second hand one until you are eligible for an upgrade. 

If you have an app like Skype or Viber, you can ring customer service from there, or use another phone and ring them, click on contact us and you will find other numbers you can use to ring them.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @garys2634

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you log into your My EE online or the app if you can, does this state you are eligible for an upgrade?

This will show within Menu > Upgrades.

If you are unable to check this, give us a call so we can get your account looked into for you.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@garys2634 

Buy a PAYG phone and use your SIM in that device or buy SIM free/ from Amazon. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.