by Gecko
Explorer

Cannot add [Orange] mobile numbers

Been with Orange over 20 years - I still get bills from Orange. I cannot log into my account and directed to create a new account with this EE company who appear to have taken over Orange. They never say anything about this.

Created EE account but it will not accept the Orange numbers so unsure if this is correct.

Unable to find an EE customer service email address.

I know I can telephone customer service but I rarely understand what they say - I am 72yo and only speak English.

Am I in the correct company and how do I add our ex-Orange and ex-T-Mobile numbers ?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot add [Orange] mobile numbers

You can't add Orange nos. to MyEE. Orange online access was removed on 29th Dec. The only way to manage your Orange a/c now is by text or phone. Have a read of Orange Your Account closure - explained .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gecko  EE was formed by the merger of Orange and T-Mobile back around 2011,  your Orange online account got closed last year and you can not create a EE online account as EE is a different network to Orange . All Orange customers got informed of the Orange online account closer.

There is no EE customer service email as emails are to slow to deal with queries and questions.  

please read THIS about the Orange online account closer. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Gecko and welcome to the community.

I see that @XRaySpeX has linked you to the information in regards to the your account closure.

If you did need to call, our customer service centres are all based in the UK and Ireland.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Gecko
Explorer

Thank you Chris

I accept what you say

We have over 20 Orange phones and we have not been advised of any merger or closure [we only logged in to the online account when we needed to check or update something but haven't seen anything there] 

We get monthly paper bills and have not seen anything in the mail.

Just looked - we have been with Orange over 25 years - not very good customer service,,,,

by Gecko
Explorer

Lee

With the greatest respect, your call centres may be situated in UK & Ireland but it doesn't mean they speak English. Understanding anyone from north of the border or Ireland can be extremely difficult, depending on the accent. And from overseas ... let's not go there.

Thank you for your assistance

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

You need not have been informed of any merger. You would have carried on as normal dealing with Orange's successor, EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.