by Hintofyellow Contributor
Contributor

Cancelling phone contract within 14 days

Just signed up for new contract Still within 14 days i was previously on sim only monthly and upgraded early . My new iphone 11 pro is faulty i cannot get a signal/ only gets E  on the device my old device iphone 8 has no issues the sim is fine full 4G . 
basically I want to end this contract 

will i be charged?

will i go back to previous sim only plan that i was on ? 
Will i lose my number ?

I have many question but hopefully someone  has all the info i need thanks .  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cancelling phone contract within 14 days

Hi @Hintofyellow 

You only have 14 days if you purchased online or over the phone. You say the device is faulty but have you made sure data and 4G/LTE are active?

If you upgraded then you will revert to your old plan if you cancel your upgrade. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you ordered by phone or online you always have a statutory cooling-off period up to 14 days after delivery to cancel your order FoC. If you ordered in-store you have no such "change-of-mind" right of return. However if it is faulty you can reject it anyway.

You'll revert yo your old no. & plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Hintofyellow Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks  all is  active as you mentioned  im currently using my sim in my Iphone 8 now no choice but to and no issue all is working fine  the phone is definetly  faulty checked setting all same as my current setup. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Hintofyellow , If phone is faulty, then EE should be able to replace it for you, as it should give you the same signal as your old phone, so worth asking about this, if you want to have the new I-phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.