by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Cancelling my Pay Monthly Phone Contract

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar expeirence with respect to cancelling a Pay Monthly phone number. On EE's very own website here, it states that 

If you want to cancel your contract at the end of your 24-month commitment period, you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice. You can do this from 45 days before the end of your 24-month period with no penalty.

So the contract in question ends on the 16th of January 2018, so by my math 45 days before this would be 2nd December 2017. So to avoid any ambiguity I left it a few days to ensure I was within 45 days.

I called today to cancel the contract to be told that I have to call back on the 18th December 2017 to give my 30 days' notice. If I were to cancel now then I would have to pay an early termination charge. Even after I explained that I didn't want to end it early, I simply wanted it moving to a PAYG on the 16th of January 2018 and I was giving him notice within 45 days, he still maintained that I couldn't cancel the contract free of any charge until the 18th December 2017. 

I appreciate that every member of staff may have a different level of training but it's incredibly poor customer service to be told one thing when EE's own website is telling you another. 

What are your thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Cancelling my Pay Monthly Phone Contract

Thanks @tahirmian. 🙂

@Grant190492 - You are required to give 30 days’ notice to cancel a contract with us.

If you are requesting a standard disconnection (do not wish to keep your number) for the date that you become out of commitment, you can request this up to 45 days before the contract end date.

If you require a PAC (to transfer your number to another network) or would like to change to pay as you go, you would have to call back 30 days before the end of the contract.

Hope this clears that up for you. 🙂

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

If you are moving to EE payg then you are not cancelling your contract as cancelling means your contract ends and your number is cancelled, unless you PAC out to another carrier. 

Plus your contract doesn't end on the date you state, the minimum contract term ends and the contract becomes a rolling monthly contract. 

Simply once your minimum term ends just ask to move to PAYG. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, @Grant190492

As i know if you write a letter to cancel your contract then you can do 45 days before your contract end, but by calling its 30 days notice.  

i can ask @Leanne_T about  This (please can you explain )If you want to cancel your contract at the end of your 24-month commitment period, you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice. You can do this from 45 days before the end of your 24-month period with no penalty.

Thanks

by

Hi @Grant190492

Where did you find that paragraph that you copied?

I'll double check this for you.

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

by
Solution

Thanks @tahirmian. 🙂

@Grant190492 - You are required to give 30 days’ notice to cancel a contract with us.

If you are requesting a standard disconnection (do not wish to keep your number) for the date that you become out of commitment, you can request this up to 45 days before the contract end date.

If you require a PAC (to transfer your number to another network) or would like to change to pay as you go, you would have to call back 30 days before the end of the contract.

Hope this clears that up for you. 🙂

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply and for confirming the process. It is a little misleading as in my opinion the term "contract" defines a legally binding agreement between two parties, and whether that number is to be disconnected from the network completely or moved to a PAYG, the "legally binding agreement" ceases. I would suggest this information is added to the help page i linked earlier to ensure all customers are fully aware of the cancelation process.

Cheers,

G

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions