by pale_waves
Explorer

Cancelling during cooling off period but ported my number in

Hi there,

I have been calling Carphone Warehouse for an answer on this but I have been stuck in a queue for ages so I thought someone on the EE forums might be able to answer this for me.

I took out a new pay monthly phone on EE with Carphone Warehouse a week ago. I ported my number across from O2 and I'm up and running. However, due to an unforseen change in circumstances I need to return the phone and cancel the contract under the cooling off period.

Because I ported my number in I want to keep that number, but it obviously replaced the number that came with the SIM from CPW. Will I still be able to return the phone for cancellation because the phone number that CPW issued and the one on their records is now none-existant because I kept my number. Also, how is this going to work with the cancellation process because if I get a PAC from EE now and use it, I guess it will terminate my contract without the cancellation process and therefore will be charged for the whole contract.

I know CPW will have the answers but I've been on hold twice today over 30 minutes to speak to them. I'll try them again after but wanted to see if anyone on here would know if porting my number in has now caused problems and I won't be able to return the phone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cancelling during cooling off period but ported my number in

Hi @pale_waves

There is no cooling off period for devices purchased in store from CPW as per their T&C 

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B11a18a50-bcb7-11de-e56d-0000000...

CPW are a third party seller and not under the control of EE. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by pale_waves
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I should have pointed out that this was an online purchase.

Thanks

by
EE Community Team

Hi @pale_waves,

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you are within your 14 day cooling off period you should be able to return your contract to Carphone Warehouse if you bought it online. 

Requesting a PAC code to keep your original number shouldn't be an issue. You might be able to transfer it to an EE pay as you go plan.

I would speak to Carphone Warehouse about their process to complete this with cancellation and to see if it is an option they have.

Please come back and let us know how you get on

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions