by vancey2k17
Visitor

Cancelling a Contract at End of 24 Month Term

Hi,

I have just tried to cancel my EE phone contract at the end of my term and I was told I would have to pay an early termination fee, which I'm not quite understanding.

Today is the 4th October, my contract runs out on the 2nd November. I phoned today to give my 30 days notice. I was told that I'd have to pay an early termination fee of £19, which I can't get my head around (my contract is around £26p.m). I thought, if I was giving 30 days notice, I'd just have to pay the extra day or two into November. I cannot see where the £19 early termination fee is coming from, when I'm not terminating early. The lady on the phone (who was very polite and understanding) told me I should have phoned exactly 30 days before to avoid any charges.

I really can't understand what's going on. My contract ends the 2nd November, I want to give 30 days, 30 days from now takes me to 3rd November so why can't I just be billed up until that date? Now I don't know whether to wait until the end of the contract and give 30 days then (which will mean having to pay for another month (at full price?) or still give my 30 days now. Either way, I don't want to be out of pocket.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cancelling a Contract at End of 24 Month Term

That's not right. You give you 30 days notice on 4 Oct. It expires on 3 Nov, the day after the end of your contract term. You should not pay any ETF but just your monthly rental up to 3 Nov.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Cancelling a Contract at End of 24 Month Term

Hi @vancey2k17,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services so our cancellations team can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions