by Kmar2808
Explorer

Cancelled contract in writing and recorded delivery, why hasn’t it been actioned

Having been informed on separate occasions in store that my contract would NOT continue past it’s termination date, was very disappointed to find that due to staff incompetency this had not been auctioned. As I had not taken care to record exact dates and names of the staff members spoken to, I accepted this and sought advise how I could cancel my two contracts that were now overdue! Was advised to contact EE in writing (and did so and have evidence this was signed for on 11/10/17) however now when I log into my account it appears this has not yet been cancelled. 30days notice will be up tomorrow so I expected to have to pay for 30days period but this would finally be cancelled tomorrow. Completely disgusted with how EE have handled this and want to know that my contracts (which haven’t been used for quite some time) will be cancelled as I have already incurred extra charges due to being given incorrect information from EE advisors

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Cancelled contract in writing and recorded delivery, why hasn’t it been acti

Contracts dont just end. They revert to a monthly basis contract until you ask to cancel them.

There is no account access on here you will need to call EE and see what is going on. But you could have cancelled via calling them as this would have been done there and then.

You can't cancel instore.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Re: Cancelled contract in writing and recorded delivery, why hasn’t it been acti

Hi and welcome to the community @Kmar2808

I understand your frustration with this issue.

Please do get in contact with customer services to look into this further for you.

If you are not happy in how this has been handled please do see our ways to complain.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Kmar2808
Explorer

That’s my complaint! I wasn’t aware I couldn’t cancel in store as they confirmed there and then that it had been cancelled and now I’m
Having to pay for a bill that I don’t think I should since staff were clearly incompetent! A very helpful advisor on live chat has sorted this out for me in the meantime... and I’ll be writing a formal complaint about the store!

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.