by pricey797 Investigator
Investigator

Cancellation

hi all , my mother in law tried to cancel her contract today , she had a slight hesitation during security questions , now the idiot on the other end has blocked her account for cancellation , my wife pays the direct debit for the contract and deals with the day to day bills for her mother who is house bound due to various reasons .

the customer service person said the only way to end contract is to go to the store in person with photo id or get a solicitor to give power of attourney to my wife to cancel the contract , any ideas what we can do .

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Cancellation

Hello @pricey797 only the named account holder has authorisation to cancel an account even if another person has been registered as a user and given access to the account. Accounts can be cancelled either over the phone or in writing. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/cancel-or-return

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pricey797  The CS agent did their job probably and you seem to think there an idiot. 

If you need to take power of attorney then a solicitor must be involved.   Go to the store with ID but just to left you know you can not pay off/ close an account at an EE store.  You have to call customer services and give 30 days notice.   You could write a letter but the 30 days will start when EE receive the letter that's giving notice. 

Investigator

only said idiot as he didnt listen to  why she can not get to store with id , 1 she is house bound , 2 anxiety attacks, 3 no photo id anyway .

Investigator

will a written cancellation stand as her account is now blocked as mentioned before due to a pause in answering a security question , which was answered correctly anyway

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @pricey797 it should do yes but only customer service or Live Chat can confirm for sure:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

They may ask you to send in a copy of the ID along with the cancellation notice. 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @pricey797

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

I honestly don't understand why your mother in-law's account has been blocked, hesitation shouldn't have been a problem. Elderly people make mistakes and I have hesitated several times when speaking to customer service, especially when they ask you for a character from your password that you're not used to providing. Did the agent not ask your mother in-law additional questions?

I recommend your wife contacts customer service on 150 from an EE phone with your mother in-law present, explain the situation and hopefully someone will ask your mother in-law a few additional security questions and get the block removed. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions