by KaTyJs
Explorer

Can I use a pay monthly sim only sim in a WiFi dongle?

I have a pay month sim for a Apple device and I also have a additional

sim for my mum which is a low use monthly sim only sim which also has data my question is can my mum remove her sim from her phone and put in in a WiFi dongle to use the data on her sim (her phone is basic and has no data) then if she can do that can I then gift her data for when they are away on their motorhome to keep her online when needed as I have the data boost from the family account giving me an additional 5gb of data which I rarely use up except when away from

home so I hope this will work then we can share the data as getting a sim for my mum for data that doesn’t run out for her WiFi dongle is impossible! Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I use a pay monthly sim only sim in a WiFi dongle?

You may put your SIM in any device you chose as long as it fits.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by KaTyJs
Explorer

Re: Can I use a pay monthly sim only sim in a WiFi dongle?

Thanks, in that case I will get her to give it a try

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.