by Bob17
Explorer

Can I close an account in my name but has a different bank account linked?

Hi,

I had opened an account for my uncle it is in my name however the bank account linked is his so he always pays. I now have stopped communications with my uncle and recently remembered I have this account on my name for him, he has taken out another sim under my name also. 

Will I be able to delete the whole account as I no longer speak to him and would hate for any bad debt to be in my name?

Also would I need to pay any cancelation fees as I didn't know about the second sim? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I close an account in my name but has a different bank account linked?

@Bob17   As the account is in your name your responsible for its payment. If you cancel now any remaining fee has to be paid and if your uncle stops payments it will reflect on you as the account is in your name. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Bob17

Welcome to the community. 

I can see @Chris_B has perfectly answered your question, please let us know if there is anything further we can help with. 

Katie 🙂

by Bob17
Explorer

Yes the new contact taken out is in the cooling period so I can still cancel 

however I don’t have the phone present infront of me. I do have the IMEI number for it. So can I cancel the contract and arrange for the phones to be sent back from my uncle? This is as I’m living in Cardiff and uncle is in Harrogate 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Bob17

This should be fine, I would recommend speaking with our mobile care team who will be able to give you the next steps. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions