by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Calls from EE 01844 numbers

SInce I decided to join EE I have received no fewer that 17 calls from an EE 01844 number.. I have answered 3-4 to be asked if I was still interested in joining EE... 

When I tell them I already have they apologies and say they will remove my details to stop the calls.... Errr maybe not I am still getting them..

How do I get my number removed from there database? I do not need to be asked if I still wish to join EE, I have and my Vodafone number ports over today 🙂

Will say as usual all very nice people 🙂 

Stuart

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Calls from EE 01844 numbers

Hello @stuarttunstall if the phone does not let you change it manually yourself other really old style phones usually let you if you have any lying around. Customer service can also send out a SIM refresh to update the number but it is not 100% effective so may take a couple of attempts. You will receive the old Orange style 'we have updated your settings' text if it has been successful. 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @stuarttunstall sorry to hear you are receiving repeated calls. You can send the code STOP to 1234 free from your EE phone to stop marketing calls/texts from EE (requests can take up to 24hrs to process), however this will remove you from all other offers and deals sent out in the future unless you call customer service and switch them back on.

If the calls still persist then please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access your account fully and check your marketing permissions. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
Established Contributor

I will give them a call.... 🙂 Dont want to stop everything... 

Quick question.. Suprise to me it appears that my number has ported over from Vodafone about 20 mins ago, I have called my old number and it does ring the EE phone... FANTASTIC service! I was told after 5.30 tonight... 🙂 really impresssed

One question .. It still shows the old number stored in the about menu on my Note 4? How can this be changed? or will it update?

Stuart

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @stuarttunstall if the phone does not let you change it manually yourself other really old style phones usually let you if you have any lying around. Customer service can also send out a SIM refresh to update the number but it is not 100% effective so may take a couple of attempts. You will receive the old Orange style 'we have updated your settings' text if it has been successful. 🙂
Established Contributor

Just been chatting with Brian at technical support via chat.. Sent an update, said it may take 24 hours and to restart the handset .. worked after about 5 mins and a couple of restarts.. 

Yet more fantastic service 

Now a fully paid up EE member 😉 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Good to hear this has now been sorted out for you @stuarttunstall thank you for coming back to let me know. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to discuss/share. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions