by AnitaYun Investigator
Investigator

Buy a new monthly plan.

My son is going to be 18 on 6 April.  He wants to have his own monthly plan.  He is an overseas student who is studying in boarding school.  What kind of document he needs to provide?  For UK address, can he present his bank correspondence as address proof?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Buy a new monthly plan.

@AnitaYun : Name, UK addy, email addy, phone no., employment status, bank details.

He will need to pass a UK credit check.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AnitaYun 

Is he studying abroad or the UK?

You only get limited roaming abroad.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by AnitaYun Investigator
Investigator

He is an overseas student who is going to 18 this April.  He has a UK passport, UK bank account with a debit card. He is using a family plan with his guardian in UK, but he would like to have his own monthly plan when he reach 18.  So what kind of document he needs, e.g. passport, bank account details, and what else.

by AnitaYun Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northerner,

My son is studying in UK.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AnitaYun 

If he is going into store then photo identification (passport, ID card) will be needed. Bank card is also needed and if possible a bank statement with their address. As @XRaySpeX  said they will need to pass a credit check so I would suggest the SIM only contract over phone contract initially.

You said they are on a guardians family plan. If they are on EE then ask them to call EE and transfer him into a standalone plan. This might be an easier route.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Dani27052

Can you call me? I want to make a sim monthly contract. I don t have a sim. Call on this xxxxxxxxxxxx my friend number is fine.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dani27052 : No one will you from here. If you want to take out an EE contract you will need to call EE yourself or buy it from the online Shop at top of page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If he orders online he does not need to provide any docs. His personal details, as I listed above, are sufficient for EE to carry out a credit check.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions